Float Pool Patient Care Tech I
CHI Memorial Hospital, now part of CommonSpirit Health formed between Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health, is once again the only hospital in the Chattanooga area to be named a Best Regional Hospital by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be the regional referral center of choice providing health care throughout Southeast Tennessee and North Georgia.
We offer the following benefits to support you and your family:
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and Identify Theft
- Adoption Assistance
- On-site childcare (Downtown campus) with extended hours
- On-site employee gym (Downtown campus) with extended hours- Discounted fee
- Free Premium Membership to Care.com with preloaded credits for children and/or dependent adults
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition Assistance for career growth and development
- Matching 401(k) and 457(b) Retirement Programs
- Wellness Program
We are now offering paid, on the job Patient Care Technician (PCT) training.
The Nursing and the Clinical Education departments have organized a training program for all new hire PCTs who do not have previous experience. The goal is to provide the basic education to new hires in order to care for the adult/geriatric patient population. The program comprises classroom education, clinicals, and phlebotomy training.
The Patient Care Tech is a multi-skilled, non-licensed health care provider who provides direct patient care under the direction of a registered nurse. Applies knowledge of growth and development to perform detailed assignments/interventions. Provides consistent care based on the changing physical and psychosocial needs, unique to the patient.
Responsibilities of the Patient Care Tech include but are not limited to the following:
- Operate the following equipment: Computer, automated vital sign machines with recognitions of abnormal vital signs and timely reporting, O2 saturation, glucose meter, intercom, telephone, patient care equipment required for daily care, scales and lifts
- Basic EKG form monitoring and operation of machine and the recognition of life-threatening dysrhythmias/subsequent care, if required by area/ location
- Perform nursing care and duties delegated by Registered nurses
- Venipuncture, discontinuing INT’s
- Perform 12 lead EKG, based on area/ location
- Good telephone and communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to adapt to changes in health care technology.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- May enter the secured supply rooms to deliver or access supplies, equipment necessary to carry out the core functions of their job (oxygen, thermometers, etc.)
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- Active American Heart Association BLS within 30 days of hire date
- Preferred qualifications/Experience: Certified Nursing Assistant, Nursing Student, Certified Medical Assistant, EMT, and/or Phlebotomy trained
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs