Epic Beaker Analyst
CHI Memorial Hospital, now part of CommonSpirit Health formed between Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health, is once again the only hospital in the Chattanooga area to be named a Best Regional Hospital by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be the regional referral center of choice providing health care throughout Southeast Tennessee and North Georgia.
CHI Memorial Hospital provides you with the same level of care you provide for others. We care about our employees well-being and offer benefits that complement work/life balance.
We offer the following benefits to support you and your family:
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and Identify Theft
- Adoption Assistance
- On-site childcare (Downtown campus) with extended hours
- On-site employee gym (Downtown campus) with extended hours- Discounted fee
- Free Premium Membership to Care.com with preloaded credits for children and/or dependent adults
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition Assistance for career growth and development
- Matching 401(k) and 457(b) Retirement Programs
- Wellness Program
We invite you to join CHI Memorial Hospital today!
The Epic Beaker Analyst designs, analyzes, develops, tests, implements and/or provides technical assistance of
assigned system applications. In this role, the Analyst demonstrates the ability to work with user departments to resolve
problems; and develops and modifies procedures to solve data processing problems and/or prepares detailed
specifications from which programs will be written.
1. Implements and maintains policies, standards, and procedures related to the definition and use of data resources
across the enterprise to ensure the reusability of data and processes in a client-server environment
2. Work with the business areas to define and model the business.
3. Determines and Implements methods for capturing, correcting, and using corporate data resources, and for storing
corporate data resources in the corporate Data Dictionary residing on a client-server platform.
4. Assists in the review of proposed systems and systems enhancements to identify appropriate use of and access of
5. Assist in maintaining the security and integrity of all data. Ensures that adequate security and integrity mechanisms
are in place for data accessed directly by the user community using Workstations, 4GLs, and online query products
6. Assists interface group with interface design details that may require a knowledge of an application's database entity
relationship diagram and data dictionary
7. Designs and/or Implements the physical design of databases in a client-server environment after validating the logical
8. Reviews physical data base designs for technical accuracy and resource performance.
9. Allocates and initializes DASD, and puts physical database definitions into production. This includes performing
authorized transfers of data between the test and production client-server environments, and the loading of data which
may require converting and formatting data.
10. When operational problems with the physical databases arise, provides problem analysis and definition, and applies
any necessary fixes for resolution
11. Designs, tests, and maintains the database logging, restart, backup and recovery procedures, in cooperation with the
Business Recovery Plan, to protect the integrity of production data. Directs and monitors recovery / restart procedures
12. Responsible for performance monitoring, tuning, and capacity planning for stored data facilities and DBMS
13. When DBMS updates are required, schedules and Performs this task.
14. Monitors and tunes multi-platform software and hardware systems, and collects and analyzes computer
performance data, ensuring all muti-platform software and hardware systems are running at maximum efficiency, and
documents and submits capacity and trend analysis reports to IS Management.
Bachelor's Degree - a related field or may substitute an equivalent
combination of education and experience
Epic Beaker Certification
Three (3) years experience in supporting vendor platform
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs