Customer Service Rep
CHI Memorial Hospital, now part of CommonSpirit Health formed between Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health, is once again the only hospital in the Chattanooga area to be named a Best Regional Hospital by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be the regional referral center of choice providing health care throughout Southeast Tennessee and North Georgia.
We care about our employees’ well-being and offer benefits that complement work/life balance.
We offer the following benefits to support you and your family:
Free Membership to our Care@Work program supporting any child care, pet care, or adult dependent needs
Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
Flexible spending accounts
Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and Identity Theft
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Tuition Assistance for career growth and development
Matching Retirement Programs
If you are passionate about the patient experience and ready to join our nationally recognized hospital, connect with us today!
- Receives and responds in a timely and professional manner to all billing-related questions posed by clinic staff; serves as liaison with various Revenue Cycle teams and other departments to respond to, or initiate response to, clinic questions.
- Identifies and researches unusual, complex or escalated issues as assigned; applies problem-solving and critical thinking skills as necessary to resolve issues within the scope of position authority.
- Documents all activities and findings in accordance with established policies and procedures; ensures the integrity of all account documentation and written responses to clinic issues; maintains confidentiality of medical records.
- Maintains current knowledge of internal, payer, and government regulations as applicable to assigned function.
- Establishes and maintains professional and effective relationships with peers and other stakeholders.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Knowledge of general concepts and practices that relate to the healthcare field, insurance follow-up process, clinic operations, regulatory/reporting requirements, operation medical insurance, payer contract, and basic medical terminology and abbreviations
- Excellent customer service, attention to detail, critical thinking, and the ability to maintain confidentially of medical records, troubleshooting
- Ability to understand and apply detailed billing requirements and cash posting processes and effectively prioritize
- Two years of revenue cycle or related work experience that demonstrates attainment of the requisite job knowledge and abilities.
- Graduation from a post-high school program in medical billing or other business-related field
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs