CHI Memorial Hospital, now part of CommonSpirit Health formed between Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health, is once again the only hospital in the Chattanooga area to be named a Best Regional Hospital by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be the regional referral center of choice providing health care throughout Southeast Tennessee and North Georgia.
We care about our employees’ well-being and offer benefits that complement work/life balance.
We offer the following benefits to support you and your family:
Free Membership to our Care@Work program supporting any child care, pet care, or adult dependent needs
Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
Flexible spending accounts
Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and Identity Theft
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Tuition Assistance for career growth and development
Matching Retirement Programs
If you are passionate about the patient experience and ready to join our nationally recognized hospital, connect with us today!
The Coder I is responsible for abstracting and assigning valid CPT, ICD-9/10, and HCPCS codes to ensure appropriate reimbursement in accordance with federal, state, and private health plans as well as organization and regulatory guidance. This role is typically responsible for less complex coding with oversight.
ESSENTIAL KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
• Accurately abstracts information from the service documentation, assigns and sequences appropriate CPT, ICD-9/10, and HCPCS codes into the appropriate billing systems, ensuring compliance with established guidelines.
• Communicates professionally with providers, practice management, and other stake holders either verbally or in writing.
• Responsible for working encounters in the coding work queue or task lists in a timely manner.
• Meets or exceeds organizational coding production and quality standards.
• Understands and applies regulatory changes and stays current with coding updates, for example NCCI and MUE edits.
• Reviews and resolves coding denials.
• Participates in special projects and completes other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
Required Licensure and Certifications:
- Coding Certification through American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) as Certified Coding Specialist (CCS), Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) or Certified Coding Specialist Physician Based (CCS-P) OR National Healthcareer Association as a Certified Billing and Coding Specialist OR the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) as a Certified Professional Coder (CPC) required.
- One year physician coding experience preferred.
- Previous Electronic Health Record experience preferred.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs