Certified Pharmacy Technician
CHI Memorial Hospital, now part of CommonSpirit Health formed between Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health, is once again the only hospital in the Chattanooga area to be named a Best Regional Hospital by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be the regional referral center of choice providing health care throughout Southeast Tennessee and North Georgia.
CHI Memorial Hospital provides you with the same level of care you provide for others. We care about our employees well-being and offer benefits that complement work/life balance.
We offer the following benefits to support you and your family:
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and Identify Theft
- Adoption Assistance
- On-site childcare (Downtown campus) with extended hours
- On-site employee gym (Downtown campus) with extended hours- Discounted fee
- Free Premium Membership to Care.com with preloaded credits for children and/or dependent adults
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition Assistance for career growth and development
- Matching 401(k) and 457(b) Retirement Programs
- Wellness Program
We invite you to join CHI Memorial Hospital today!
As our Certified Pharmacy Tech at CHI Memorial, now part of CommonSpirit Health formed between Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health, you'll help our patients feel better by providing safe and effective medications to them. You'll help our doctors and nurses feel better knowing that you are providing accurate and timely medication to patients.
You'll build trust each day by being extremely thorough and accurate at all times. Patient safety is your top priority, so you do everything you can to ensure all prescriptions are authentic, prepared correctly both in medication type and dosing, and are dispensed appropriately, under the Pharmacist's guidance. You follow all safety protocols, including those intended to prevent infection, and you keep a clean work area at all times. You are eager to learn or help out in any way needed to keep the pharmacy running smoothly and get our patients their medications.
- Receive prescriptions and verify their accuracy and authenticity. Check pricing, insurance payment policies, etc., as needed.
- Prepare prescriptions - fill Rx bottles, mix IV infusions, etc.
- Review inventory and order/restock as needed under direction from the Pharmacist.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment at all times.
- Maintain meticulous records and patient confidentiality.
- Support the Pharmacist in the day-to-day operation and maintenance of the pharmacy.
Graduate of ASHP accredited Pharmacy Technician Program and Associate Degree or Equivalent Experience
TN Board of Pharmacy Technician License. Licensure must be received within 90 days from the first day of employment.
Biennial Completion of 20 hours of ACPE-certified, pharmacy technician specific training Excellent verbal and written communication. Excellent knowledge of drug names desired with the expectation of continuing education on new drugs. Must be available to work rotating shifts and weekends.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs