Auditor Coder Specialist
The Chattanooga Heart Institute offers the most comprehensive cardiac care available in this region. Founded in 1976, we now have six offices in Tennessee and one in Georgia. Our practice is made up of 29 board-certified cardiologists, three cardiothoracic surgeons and three vascular surgeons. We merged with CHI Memorial Health Care System in 2011 which is part of CommonSpirit Health. CommonSpirit has more than 700 care sites across the U.S. and is committed to building healthy communities.
Perform scheduled coding audits and special compliance audits. Education of physicians and staff as approved by the Director.
- Physician and staff education as approved by the Director of Business Operations.
- Read and remain current on all CMS and compliance related issues (Advising Director of any changes or issues that affect the practice.)
- Responsible for responding to CERT audits from CMS, HEDis audits, RAC audits, SMRC audits and other government or commercial audit related claims and medical documentation.
- Train all new physicians and mid-level providers to ensure understanding of appropriate guidelines for hospital cards, documentation and coding.
- Create and edit templates for physicians and mid-level providers to ensure accurate documentation.
- Perform coding/documentation audits on all physicians and mid-level providers based on compliance policy and review audits with Director of Business Operations and provider.
- Perform daily audits for first six weeks of practice on all new physicians and mid-level providers to ensure understanding and correct documentation.
- Ability to perform all functions of a certified coder.
- Provide timely and accurate education to physicians and staff.
- Responsible for performing any and all internal audits and reviewing external audits.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Coding certification through an accredited program (AAPC or AHIMA)
- Three years of auditing and coding experience.
- Certified Professional Medical Auditor (CPMA) preferred.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs