The posted compensation range of $14.82 - $20.38 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
Located in the Phoenix Ariz. suburb of Chandler the Chandler Regional Medical Center is a 338-bed not-for-profit hospital with more than 2500 employees and almost 1000 doctors on staff representing all major specialties. Chandler Regional joined the Dignity Health system in 1999 but has been part of the community for more than 50 years. The hospital includes a Level I Trauma Center a Heart and Vascular Center a Wound Healing Center a Family Birth Center and many additional services. During the fiscal year ending June 30 2016 Chandler Regional provided more than $48 million in community benefit. As a result of Dignity Health’s mission to deliver health care and partner with the community nearly 100000 people in the East Valley were reached through community health services. For more information visit: https://www.dignityhealth.org/arizona/locations/chandlerregional
The Security Officer is expected to provide a reasonably safe and secure environment for all who enter Dignity Health properties and to assure the physical security of buildings and grounds. It is expected that the security officer will demonstrate behavior consistent with Dignity Health core value and humankindness. The security officer shall support Dignity Health’s strategic plan and the goals and direction of the quality improvement/process improvement activities. Responsibilities include:
- Protecting staff patients and visitors by responding to calls for assistance in a timely and prudent manner such as violent or unruly patients visitors crimes committed or in progress opening doors and responding to emergency codes.
- Patrol the facility and grounds by foot or vehicle; monitor security alarms and dispatch officers promptly to location(s) where needed and report unsafe acts or conditions.
- Knowledge of emergency procedures equipment supplies reports HIPPA breaches if witnessed; investigate security breaches conduct follow-up investigations and write incident reports.
- Log all activities in a daily log to accurately record events; and (2) complete clear concise and legible reports in a timely manner; use appropriate emergency and radio codes in dispatching security officers while knowing hospital campus to ensure that those dispatched are to right location.
security officer guard safety protection guard card IAHSS law enforcement military service police public safety
- Six (6) months experience as a security officer in a hospital or healthcare setting prior law enforcement or military service; or one (1) year experience as a security officer.
- High school diploma or equivalent; or three (3) years’ experience as a security officer.
- Current driver’s license issued by the state wherein the position is posted with satisfactory DMV report on file or the ability to obtain one within 30 days of hire; (2) current state issued security officer license showing no disciplinary actions; (3) workplace violence training annually.
- Must be able to speak English communicate clearly orally and in writing; understand and use de-escalation techniques.
- Completion of IAHSS Basic Training for Healthcare Security Officer within 90 days and American Heart Association CPR/BLS Certification within 90 days of hire.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs