CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. & from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
- Ability to assess patients with medical conditions with findings reflected in the patient record.
- Prioritizes and anticipates patients’ needs and develops a plan of care.
- Implements interventions consistent with protocols and documents response to treatment.
- Provides ongoing evaluation, altering the treatment plan as needed. Documents findings and interventions.
- Prepares equipment and supplies. Checks medical equipment and supplies on a daily basis. Restocks and cleans unit after each mission.
- Knowledgeable in the use of radios and communication systems.
- Assists in the orientation of new EMT’s.
- Operates required vehicle(s) in a safe manner to perform required duties of the position.
- Participates in staffing special events as required
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- High school diploma preferred or high school equivalency.
- Certified as an EMT in the State of Iowa.
- One year recent experience functioning as an EMT-B providing direct patient care preferred.
- Valid driver’s/Chauffeurs License required. Must meet Mercy’s Motor Vehicle Safety Standards, be at least 18 years of age, and be eligible to drive per Iowa state law.
- Basic Life Support certified within six (6) weeks of hire. Acceptable credentialing bodies and certifications include American Red Cross CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer and American Heart Association Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers.
- Proof of completion of Mandatory Reporter abuse training specific to population served within 3 months of hire.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs