Critical Care Paramedic
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. & from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
- Assess patients with traumatic medical conditions with findings reflected in the patient record.
- Triages, prioritizes, and anticipates patients’ needs. Develops a plan of care.
- Provides ongoing evaluation, altering the plan of care as indicated. Documents findings and interventions.
- Implements interventions consistent with protocols documenting response to treatment.
- Prepares equipment and supplies. Checks medical equipment and supplies on a daily basis, restocking and cleaning the rig after each transport.
- Operates required vehicle(s) in a safe manner to perform required duties of the position. Provides stand-by EMS service at events.
- Assists with station duties.
- Assists with the mentoring of students affiliated with the School of EMS.
- Assists in the orientation of new staff.
- Provides patient care in the Emergency Department or critical care units when not performing functions related to the ambulance services.
- Assists in meeting requests for difficult peripheral line insertions for hospital in-patients.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- High school diploma preferred or high school equivalency.
- Current certification as a Paramedic in the State of Iowa required.
- Critical Care Paramedic Endorsement required within 3 years of hire.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certified or obtained within three (3) months of hire. Acceptable credentialing bodies and certifications include American Red Cross CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer and American Heart Association Basic Life Support.
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certified or obtained within three (3) months of hire. The acceptable credentialing body for this requirement is the American Heart Association.
- Proof of completion of Mandatory Reporter abuse training specific to population served within 3 months of hire.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support training required within 6 months of hire
- Valid driver’s/Chauffeurs License required. Must meet Mercy’s Motor Vehicle Safety Standards, be at least 18 years of age, and be eligible to drive per Iowa state law.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs