CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. & from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
Job Summary / Purpose
The Clinical Assistant will aid providers by creating a timely patient flow, positive customer experience, and care for clinic patients.
Essential Key Job Responsibilities
- Demonstrates ability to recognize and assess urgent/emergency needs of patients and initiate appropriate emergency procedures as needed.
- Demonstrates current level of knowledge of various payer regulations by functioning within those guidelines.
- Acts to facilitate interdisciplinary communication. Utilizes other members of the health care team in assessing the patient and analyzes patient data. Assess learning needs of the e patient and significant others. Gives accurate and complete information to patient and family.
- Follows clinic procedure/protocol for the organization and management of the electronic medical record (i.e. test results, retrieval, filing, creation, repair, charging of electronic medical record).
- Evaluates patient and family understanding of treatment plan and/or instructions.
- Assists with a variety of procedures, exams, and/or operation of diagnostic equipment as assigned.
- Maintains appropriate aseptic technique for preparation, procedures and medications administered.
- Accurately and legibly documents all patient interactions in electronic medical record.
- Reports results and pertinent information to patients and health care team members.
- Functions according to limitations or scope of license or certification.
- Performs basic nursing functions (vitals, rooming, assist with procedures, immunizations, medication injections, etc.) under direction and supervision of provider.
- Maintains professional appearance of patient exam and procedure rooms.
- Coordinates provider schedules in all areas.
- Obtains prior authorizations for required procedures and medications to ensure payer approval.
- Provides patient teaching as needed. (Inhaler, diagnoses, pre-operative, etc.)
- Reports timely results and pertinent information to patient and health care team member.
Required Education for Staff Job Levels
High school diploma or equivalency.
Required Licensure and Certifications
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Click here to enter text.
Health information management experience, clinic setting experience or other related healthcare experience.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs