Dignity Health Mercy San Juan Medical Center is a 370-bed not-for-profit Level 2 Trauma Center located in Carmichael, California, serving the areas of north Sacramento County and south Placer County for more than 50 years. It is one of the area’s largest and most comprehensive medical centers. Dedicated to the community’s well-being, our staff and volunteers provide excellence in care for our patients each year. Mercy San Juan Medical Center has received recognition for being a Comprehensive Stroke Center and Center of Excellence for Bariatric Surgery, along with Certificates of Excellence in Perinatal Care, Hip- and Knee- Replacement.
The incumbent demonstrates competency in physical therapy for pediatric, adult, and/or geriatric patients. The incumbent provides patient assessments, develops and implements individual patient treatment programs, provides therapeutic interventions utilizing current and effective methodologies, and maintains effective documentation.
- Previous experience as a Physical Therapist is preferred.
- This position requires graduation from an accredited school of Physical Therapy.
- Licensed Physical Therapist or PTLA approved work status.
- BLS (AHA).
- Current physical therapy techniques, standards, principles, and procedures.
- Human anatomy and physiology with emphasis on musculoskeletal, circulatory, and nervous systems.
- Medical terminology.
- Proper body mechanics.
- Infection control procedures.
- Assess patient condition based upon sound pathophysiological principles.
- Develop and implement appropriate patient treatment plan.
- Complete and maintain records of Physical Therapy observations, treatments, and actions.
- Plan and organize work effectively and efficiently.
- Develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with physicians, nursing, and other hospital personnel.
- Maintain the confidentiality of medical information.
- Fully meet the obligations of the Mission and Philosophy of Dignity Health.
- Flexibility to work within a changing health care environment.
- Physically able to walk, stand, stoop, and lift.
- Good manual dexterity.
- Visual and auditory acuity.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs