Medical Assistant - Float
Dignity Health Medical Foundation, established in 1993, is a California nonprofit public benefit corporation with care centers throughout California. Dignity Health Medical Foundation is an affiliate of Dignity Health – one of the largest health systems in the nation - with hospitals and care centers in California, Arizona and Nevada. Today, Dignity Health Medical Foundation works hand-in-hand with physicians and providers throughout California to provide comprehensive healthcare services to the many communities we serve.
As Dignity Health Medical Foundation continues to grow and establish new premier care centers, we provide increasing support and investment in the latest technologies, finest physicians and state-of-the-art medical facilities. We strive to create purposeful work settings where staff can provide great care, while advancing in knowledge and experience through challenging work assignments and stimulating relationships. Our staff is well-trained and highly skilled, qualities that are vital to maintaining excellence in care and service.
The Medical Assistant (MA) position is responsible for knowing his/her professional scope of practice as defined by the California Business and Professional Code and for satisfactorily completing the Dignity Health Medical Foundation orientation period that includes demonstrating skills and behaviors that meet a fully competent level of performance. The MA maintains a clean, organized, and safe environment, and performs patient care services that support the physician / provider's practice under the clinical supervision of the Physician, Registered Nurse, Nurse Practitioner, Physician’s Assistant, or Licensed Vocational Nurse.
- Assisting in prepping patients for examinations or procedures, assisting with procedures, relaying instructions from the physician to a patient or authorized person, and collecting patient data
- Documenting patient concerns, patient concerns, patient messages, and care provided to the patient in the patient’s medical record for the physician's review
- Administrating medications specifically directed by the physician and performing accurate vital sign measurements and documentation.
This position may have access to third party credit card information and transaction systems (cash registers, point of sale devices, applications supporting credit card transactions, and reports or other documents containing credit card information) from single transactions or a single card at a time.
- High school diploma (or equivalent) required
- Satisfactory completion of a formal Medical Assistant program pursuant to the Division of Allied Health Professions or military training that is equivalent to an accredited Medical Assistant program (determination by Dignity Health Medical Foundation H.R. department in conjunction with the State Division of Allied Health Professions) required
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and customer service skills required
- Medical terminology, familiarity with CPT and ICD-10 coding procedures and reference tools, and pharmacology appropriate to the Medical Assistant scope of practice required
- Current BLS certification required (must be certified through the American Heart Association)
- Six (6) months of experience in an outpatient setting as a Medical Assistant preferred
- Familiarity with an electronic practice management system preferred
**This position is represented by the SEIU-UHW.**
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
CommonSpirit Health™ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, parental status, ancestry, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here.
CommonSpirit Health™ will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c). External hires must pass a post-offer, pre-employment background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with an arrest and/or conviction will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, ban the box laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by telephone at (415) 438-5575 and let us know the nature of your request. We will only respond to messages left that involve a request for a reasonable accommodation in the application process. We will accommodate the needs of any qualified candidate who requests a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). CommonSpirit Health™ participates in E-Verify.