Dignity Health Mercy San Juan Medical Center is a 370-bed not-for-profit Level 2 Trauma Center located in Carmichael, California, serving the areas of north Sacramento County and south Placer County for more than 50 years. It is one of the area’s largest and most comprehensive medical centers. Dedicated to the community’s well-being, our staff and volunteers provide excellence in care for our patients each year. Mercy San Juan Medical Center has received recognition for being a Comprehensive Stroke Center and Center of Excellence for Bariatric Surgery, along with Certificates of Excellence in Perinatal Care, Hip- and Knee- Replacement.
The incumbent is accountable and responsible for decontamination, instrument recognition, set assembly, dispensing carts, sterilization and documentation in all medical center and clinics as required or assigned. May have access to or be required to distribute drugs, needles or syringes from storage locations, (such as large stock supplies, automated dispensing units and other carts) to/within patient care areas or treatment carts as defined by hospital policy/procedure
We offer the following benefits to support you and your family:
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and Identity Theft
- Adoption Assistance
- Free Premium Membership to Care.com with preloaded credits for children and/or dependent adults
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition Assistance for career growth and development
- Retirement Programs
- Wellness Programs
- 6 months (1040 hours) experience Sterile Processing in an Operating Room and/or Endoscopy environment. (or when staffing is able to accommodate training, management will consider Instrument Techs who have graduated from an accredited sterile processing program program and completed an externship at Mercy San Juan Central Sterilization Department. Lawson Performance Management for Health-Care
- Proficient computer skills such as but not limited to basic Microsoft and keyboarding, demonstrated effective interpersonal and communication skills both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated knowledge of surgical instruments, assembly, packaging, sterilization, cleaning and decontamination processes and proper safety practices including infection control, body mechanics and hazardous materials.
- Basic knowledge of medical supplies and record keeping.
- CSPDT (Certified Sterile Processing Distribution Technician) from CBSPD- the Certification Board for Sterile Processing and Distribution or CRCST (Certified Registered Central Service Technician) from IAHCSMM - International Association of Healthcare Central Service Material Management.
- BLS from AHA certified provider is required
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs