Respiratory Therapist II
The posted compensation range of $41.34 - $50.90 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. & from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
Respiratory Therapist II – Respiratory Therapy
St. John's Regional Medical Center
We are currently seeking a skilled and compassionate Respiratory Therapist II to join our healthcare team. As a Respiratory Therapist II, you will provide a wide range of respiratory care services to patients with breathing difficulties or other cardiopulmonary disorders. If you are a dedicated and experience Respiratory Therapist II who is committed to providing high-quality care to patient, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
- Responsible for assessing and reassessing patients receiving RT services.
- Draws and runs arterial blood gases.
- Takes and records physician's verbal orders.
- Performs pulmonary bedside screening; performance of pulmonary function testing or a willingness to be trained in PFT is required.
- Assists with therapeutic and diagnostic bronchoscopies
- Calibrates and implements quality control measures for blood gas machines and documents recording of results
- Sets up ventilatory support systems, monitors and records same; sets up and monitors equipment in clinical practice in all patient care areas including critical care without direct supervision.
- Performs all RT I competencies and job requirements without direct supervision .
- Performs or is willing to be trained to perform all NICU and Delivery Room Respiratory Therapy procedures as per NICU and Pulmonary Medicine Department procedures and policies with minimal direct supervision.
- Participates in departmental QA program as directed; prepares notification forms for department and hospital incidents; protects patient and hospital by identifying and reporting unsafe practice, equipment and/or supplies to manager
- Greater than six (6) months experience in respiratory therapy
- Current California Respiratory Care Practitioner licensure (CT RCP)
- Current AHA CPR certification (CT CPRBLS)
- Demonstrates proficient technical skills in the performance of respiratory therapies and core competencies
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of current trends in the performance of respiratory therapies.
- After 12 months demonstrates ability to take on charge therapist responsibilities as required with some level of supervision from Unit Manager.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally.
- Establishes effective working relationships with other departments medical staff and co-workers; treats public courteously tactfully and professionally.
- Performs all RT I duties & job requirements without direct supervision
This position is represented by SEIU Local UHW and is covered by the terms and conditions of the applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs