Respiratory Therapist II
The posted compensation range of $41.34 - $ 50.90 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. & from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
Respiratory Therapist II – Respiratory Therapy
St. John's Hospital Camarillo
We are currently seeking a skilled and compassionate Respiratory Therapist II to join our healthcare team. As a Respiratory Therapist II, you will provide a wide range of respiratory care services to patients with breathing difficulties or other cardiopulmonary disorders. If you are a dedicated and experience Respiratory Therapist II who is committed to providing high-quality care to patient, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
- Applies clinical knowledge and expertise for coordinating patient care by regularly planning and evaluating the respiratory care of patients.
- Demonstrates effective respiratory care judgment and a working knowledge of the respiratory process.
- Documents and communicates all observed symptoms, reactions, treatments and changes in the patient condition to the appropriate member of the interdisciplinary health care team.
- Coordinates plan of care with other members of the interdisciplinary health care team to achieve desired goals and outcomes.
- Administers medications and therapeutic interventions to assigned patients as directed and assesses and documents patient's response and initiates appropriate interventions per hospital/Respiratory Departmental procedure and policy.
- Serves as a preceptor and role model to new personnel and respiratory students.
- Assess the growth and development of their patients by demonstrating the knowledge related to age appropriate behavior.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Greater than six (6) months experience in respiratory therapy
- Current California Respiratory Care Practitioner licensure (CT RCP)
- Current AHA CPR certification (CT CPRBLS)
- Demonstrates proficient technical skills in the performance of respiratory therapies and core competencies
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of current trends in the performance of respiratory therapies.
- After 12 months demonstrates ability to take on charge therapist responsibilities as required with some level of supervision from Unit Manager.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally.
- Establishes effective working relationships with other departments medical staff and co-workers; treats public courteously tactfully and professionally.
- Performs all RT I duties & job requirements without direct supervision
This position is represented by SEIU Local UHW and is covered by the terms and conditions of the applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs