RN Unit Based Educator Family Birth Center
Partnering for a stronger, healthier world.
At CommonSpirit Health, we believe in the healing power of humanity. We invite you to explore our specialty areas and pursue a career in humankindness.
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Department: Family Birth Center
- Hours/Pay Period: 80
The posted compensation range of $42.69 - $66.00 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
In 2020, united in a fierce commitment to deliver the highest quality care and exceptional patient experience, Virginia Mason and CHI Franciscan Health came together as natural partners to build a new health system centered around the patient: Virginia Mason Franciscan Health. Our combined system builds upon the scale and expertise of our nearly 300 sites of care, including 11 hospitals and nearly 5,000 physicians and providers. Together, we are empowered to make an even greater impact on the health and well-being of our communities.
CHI Franciscan and Virginia Mason are now united to build the future of patient-centered care across the Pacific Northwest. That means a seamlessly connected system offering quality care close to home. From basic health needs to the most complex, highly specialized care, our patients can count on us to meet their needs with convenient access to the region’s most prestigious experts and innovative treatments and technologies.
Join a caring group of purpose driven professionals serving a diverse community with compassion and character. At St. Anne Hospital we strive to be the most trusted destination for health and healing.
While you’re busy impacting the healthcare industry, we’ll take care of you with benefits that may include health/dental/vision, FSA, matching retirement plans, paid vacation, adoption assistance, annual bonus eligibility, and more!
This position is responsible for the development and delivery of nursing and clinical education in a patient care area from basic to advanced practice levels. Plans conducts and evaluates unit-specific new orientation education and training in the assigned department. Works collaboratively with unit management and Regional Education to enhance the quality and cost effectiveness of patient care by providing educational support to staff.
- Provides education training and consultative services to clinical staff in assigned area. Assesses develops revises and coordinates teaching programs for all nursing staff.
- Provides in-service education. Ensures educational programs provide staff with skills and competency needed to meet all applicable regulatory risk and patient safety requirements.
- Plans and directs the orientation and residency programs of new personnel to assigned unit.
- Facilitates staff development by promoting learning experiences and information for staff based on identified needs of the individuals. Responsible for development of competency assessment tools ensuring these assessments are completed and conducts education as necessary in follow-up.
- Contributes to the department’s quality improvement initiatives by identifying opportunities to support these initiatives and incorporates the changes into education offerings.
- Collaborates with other Educators to enhance self-learning promote professionalism among educators reduce duplicative services and to provide opportunities for a more standardized system.
- Participates in related clinical instruction and conferences and maintains and improves knowledge and competency in their specialty area.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing and two years of RN nursing work experience in the designated specialty area. Previous work experience in the education/training of healthcare providers is strongly preferred. Master’s degree in a related field is preferred.
- Alternative Requirement: A candidate who although otherwise qualified lacks a BSN degree may also be considered for the position if:
- The applicant has a combined total of at least four years work experience in RN nursing and education/training development/delivery in the designated specialty area; AND
- The applicant is actively pursuing attainment within six months (or less) of date of hire a bachelor’s degree in nursing with a graduation date identified and continuing progress made towards completion of the degree requirements
- Current active Washington State RN license.
- Certification in specialty area to be obtained within one year of hire.
- Current Health Care Provider BLS required unless assigned to work with Surgery Schedulers and Surginet.CNOR or CPAN Certified
Qualifications Addendum: If assigned to a specialty area listed below additional job requirements as follows will apply:
- NRP Instructor
- National Certification Corp (NCC) certification in inpatient obstetrical
- Minimum of three years recent experience in Perinatal nursing
Women’s Care – Nursery
- NRP Instructor
- Minimum of three years’ experience in Level II Nursery to include C-Pap and respiratory/ventilator care.
starts with you.
Are you a career fit with our CommonSpirit Health culture? To understand how we are structured, we believe in some core philosophies with the following:
We will be stronger together, achieving excellence in all we do, collaborating across the fields and growing our collective knowledge.
We will let humankindness guide us as we treat every person with holistic, personalized care for the body, mind and spirit.
We will advance the science and art of nursing as innovative leaders who demonstrate the power of evidence-based, compassionate care. If you believe in working together with humankindness for all to advance the science and art of nursing - then you have found your career fit with us!
“Our hope is that you will always feel inspired, knowing you truly are the heart and soul of CommonSpirit.”– Kathleen D. Sanford, EVP, Chief Nursing Officer
Your Potential Career Path
This is a snapshot of your potential career path highlights the series of job positions that help you progress towards your goals and objectives. Ultimately, your career path depends on your career values and personal goals.
What makes a successful RN Unit Based Educator Family Birth Center at St Anne Hospital?
Our Total Reward Offerings
At CommonSpirit Health, your Total Rewards package includes compensation, benefits, retirement, wellness, leave, and other programs. Please explore what we have to offer below.
Pay and Recognition
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started