RN Residency Family Birth Center
Partnering for a stronger, healthier world.
At CommonSpirit Health, we believe in the healing power of humanity. We invite you to explore our specialty areas and pursue a career in humankindness.
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Department: Family Birth Center
- Hours/Pay Period: 72
The posted compensation range of $40.53 - $68.43 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
In 2020 united in a fierce commitment to deliver the highest quality care and exceptional patient experience Virginia Mason and CHI Franciscan Health came together as natural partners to build a new health system centered around the patient: Virginia Mason Franciscan Health. Our combined system builds upon the scale and expertise of our nearly 300 sites of care including 11 hospitals and nearly 5000 physicians and providers. Together we are empowered to make an even greater impact on the health and well-being of our communities.
While you’re busy impacting the healthcare industry, we’ll take care of you with benefits that may include health/dental/vision, FSA, matching retirement plans, paid vacation, adoption assistance, annual bonus eligibility, and more!
- This job is responsible for providing a wide variety of professional nursing services which focus on the provision of quality patient care consistent with hospital standards/values applicable regulatory requirements and scope of practice for the nursing profession.
- Work also includes developing implementing and assessing the patient plan of care during time of stay in collaboration with physicians interdisciplinary teams and the patient/family.
- An incumbent is engaged in direct patient care including assessing planning coordinating evaluating and delegating work to members of the patient care team and for providing education and consultation with patients families physicians and other staff members in implementing appropriate nursing interventions for optimal patient care.
- Work is performed under standards of safety and care that provide instruction/guidance for taking care of issues and patient needs in the absence of a physician.
- Requires the use of judgment and critical thinking skills in making decisions regarding patient care (within the scope of practice) including knowledge and integration of available standards resources and data and in the efficient utilization of staff/resources.
- Work involves continuous contact with physicians patients patient families community agencies patient care staff and management.
- An incumbent is accountable for the quality of care provided to patients and has the authority to direct care provide education seek resources at the unit/department level and delegate appropriate tasks.
- This position is responsible for serving as the primary Registered Nurse delivering care to post-partum women and normal newborns who are admitted to the Family Birth Center.
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing BSN degree is preferred.
- Minimum 6 months previous RN experience required.One year of related work experience in an acute care setting is preferred.
- Lactation certification preferred
- Previous recent Labor and Delivery Experience is preferred or One to two years Med/Surg experience with completion of Mother/Baby Education program.
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse issued by the Washington State Board of Nursing.
- Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS certification.
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) completion within 6 months of date of hire. National Certification Corporation (NCC) or American Nurses Credentialing Center certification preferred.
starts with you.
Are you a career fit with our CommonSpirit Health culture? To understand how we are structured, we believe in some core philosophies with the following:
We will be stronger together, achieving excellence in all we do, collaborating across the fields and growing our collective knowledge.
We will let humankindness guide us as we treat every person with holistic, personalized care for the body, mind and spirit.
We will advance the science and art of nursing as innovative leaders who demonstrate the power of evidence-based, compassionate care. If you believe in working together with humankindness for all to advance the science and art of nursing - then you have found your career fit with us!
“Our hope is that you will always feel inspired, knowing you truly are the heart and soul of CommonSpirit.”– Kathleen D. Sanford, EVP, Chief Nursing Officer
Your Potential Career Path
This is a snapshot of your potential career path highlights the series of job positions that help you progress towards your goals and objectives. Ultimately, your career path depends on your career values and personal goals.
What makes a successful RN Residency Family Birth Center at St Anne Hospital?
Our Total Reward Offerings
At CommonSpirit Health, your Total Rewards package includes compensation, benefits, retirement, wellness, leave, and other programs. Please explore what we have to offer below.
Pay and Recognition
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started