Partnering for a stronger, healthier world.
At CommonSpirit Health, we believe in the healing power of humanity. We invite you to explore our specialty areas and pursue a career in humankindness.
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Department: Pre & Post Surgery
- Hours/Pay Period: 72
The posted compensation range of $41.34 - $69.80 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
In 2020, united in a fierce commitment to deliver the highest quality care and exceptional patient experience, Virginia Mason and CHI Franciscan Health came together as natural partners to build a new health system centered around the patient: Virginia Mason Franciscan Health. Our combined system builds upon the scale and expertise of our nearly 300 sites of care, including 11 hospitals and nearly 5,000 physicians and providers. Together, we are empowered to make an even greater impact on the health and well-being of our communities.
CHI Franciscan and Virginia Mason are now united to build the future of patient-centered care across the Pacific Northwest. That means a seamlessly connected system offering quality care close to home. From basic health needs to the most complex, highly specialized care, our patients can count on us to meet their needs with convenient access to the region’s most prestigious experts and innovative treatments and technologies.
As a part of our organization, we currently offer the following benefits:
- Competitive starting wages (DOE) and training to grow within the company
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Flexible health spending accounts (FSA)
- Matching 401(k) and 457(b) Retirement Programs
- Tuition Assistance for career growth and development
- Care@Work premium account for additional support with children, pets, dependent adults, and household needs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
- Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and Identify Theft
- Adoption Assistance
- Wellness Program
Our surgical services nurses provide pre- intra- and post-operative nursing care to all patient populations undergoing surgical procedures. This work includes developing implementing and assessing the patient plan of care in collaboration with physicians interdisciplinary teams and the patient and family.
Essential Job Functions
- Staying informed about professional trends and adhering to policies and procedures including safety risk management and regulatory standards.
- Administering overseeing and documenting the administration of medications.
- Gathering data and performing professional nursing assessments for patient care. Implementing appropriate patient interventions and evaluating outcomes. Providing holistic comprehensive and professional nursing care.
- Demonstrating your commitment to competent professional practice and engaging in opportunities for your own professional growth.
- Documenting care delivered and your patients status.Identifying opportunities for and participating in performance and quality improvement activities to improve clinical outcomes healthcare delivery systems and address patient safety and satisfaction.
- Providing health care education and guidance to your patients and families.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Bachelor of Science in Nursing is preferred.
- One year of related work experience is preferred.
- Current State Licensure as a Registered Nurse is required.
- Certified Nurse of the Operating Room (CNOR) is preferred.
- ACLS and PALS certification is required in pre-op Phase II recovery and PACU areas.
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse issued by the Washington State Board of Nursing.
- Current Healthcare BLS Certification.
- Specialty certification as appropriate to the assigned work unit is strongly preferred.
- CNOR (Certified Nurse of the Operating Room) preferred.
starts with you.
Are you a career fit with our CommonSpirit Health culture? To understand how we are structured, we believe in some core philosophies with the following:
We will be stronger together, achieving excellence in all we do, collaborating across the fields and growing our collective knowledge.
We will let humankindness guide us as we treat every person with holistic, personalized care for the body, mind and spirit.
We will advance the science and art of nursing as innovative leaders who demonstrate the power of evidence-based, compassionate care. If you believe in working together with humankindness for all to advance the science and art of nursing - then you have found your career fit with us!
“Our hope is that you will always feel inspired, knowing you truly are the heart and soul of CommonSpirit.”– Kathleen D. Sanford, EVP, Chief Nursing Officer
Your Potential Career Path
This is a snapshot of your potential career path highlights the series of job positions that help you progress towards your goals and objectives. Ultimately, your career path depends on your career values and personal goals.
What makes a successful RN OR at St Anne Hospital?
Our Total Reward Offerings
At CommonSpirit Health, your Total Rewards package includes compensation, benefits, retirement, wellness, leave, and other programs. Please explore what we have to offer below.
Pay and Recognition
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started