Emergency Room Technician
The posted compensation range of $23.71 - $34.12 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
CHI Franciscan and Virginia Mason are now united to build the future of patient-centered care across the Pacific Northwest. That means a seamlessly connected system offering quality care close to home. From basic health needs to the most complex, highly specialized care, our patients can count on us to meet their needs with convenient access to the region’s most prestigious experts and innovative treatments and technologies.
While you’re busy impacting the healthcare industry, we’ll take care of you with benefits that may include health/dental/vision, FSA, matching retirement plans, paid vacation, adoption assistance, annual bonus eligibility, and more!
As an Emergency Room Technician you will delivery patient care and perform clinical procedures within the scope of your licensure under the supervision of a Registered Nurse and Provider. Your day-to-day job functions will include:
- Assisting with observation of patients gathering data and identifying patient care needs
- Responding to emergency situations
- Assisting with patient transport and transfer
- Assisting with cleaning stocking and maintenance of department equipment and supplies
- Adhering to safety and risk management standards
- Assisting with clerical and communication tasks to support patient care
High school diploma (or GED equivalent) and completion of one of the following:
- High school diploma (or GED equivalent) and completion of one of the following that demonstrates attainment of the
requisite job knowledge skills/abilities:
Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) program OR
Paramedic (EMG) program, OR
Medical Assistant program OR
Certified Nursing Assistant program OR
Licensed Practical Nurse program OR
Military Hospital Corpsman program (with validation) OR
Completion of one year of nursing school.
- Current certification as a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) by the Washington State Nursing Commission OR
- Current registration as a Registered Nursing Assistant (RNA) by the Washington State Nursing Commission OR
- Current certification as a Medical Assistant-Cert (MAC) by the State of Washington; OR
- Current Washington State license to practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN).
- Note: LPNs may be directed to practice up to the scope of their license within the ER setting which may exceed the scope of other candidates in the ER Tech position.
- Must maintain at least one clinical license (above) after hire.
- Employees that possess a CNA or RNA license at the time of hire must submit an application to Washington State Department of Health for Medical Assistant-Phlebotomy (MA-P) certification within 90 days of hire as evidenced by a proof of payment receipt. Certification must be received within 6 months of hire in the position and maintained as current thereafter in addition to their CNA or RNA license.
- Current healthcare provider American Heart Association BLS certification
While you’re busy impacting the healthcare industry, we’ll take care of you with benefits that may include health/dental/vision, FSA, matching retirement plans, paid time off, tuition assistance, adoption assistance, and more!
Unless directed by a Collective Bargaining Agreement, applications for this position will be considered on a rolling basis. CommonSpirit Health cannot anticipate the date by which a successful candidate may be identified.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs