Radiologic Technologist II
CHI St. Joseph Health – College Station/Bryan TX Since 1936 CHI St. Joseph Health has been caring for the communities in Bryan, College Station, Brenham, Hearne, Navasota, Caldwell, Madisonville, and Bellville. With the area’s only Level II Trauma Center, the first Joint Commission certified Primary Stroke Center, and the first accredited Chest Pain Center in the Brazos Valley; CHI St. Joseph Health is a leader in critical care and the largest provider of cardiovascular care in the region. As an integrated healthcare system, CHI St. Joseph Health includes a comprehensive network of over 100 employed providers including primary care physicians, specialists and advanced practice clinicians. The network includes more than 20 ambulatory clinics featuring primary care, a freestanding Emergency Room, Express Clinics, and imaging and diagnostic services.
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S., from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services, CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources, CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities, advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable, and innovating how and where healing can happen, both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
• Performs a variety of specialized technical tasks associated with the operation of x-ray imaging units and related equipment to assist the radiologist in the detection of anatomical abnormalities. The registered technologist is responsible for daily operations of Imaging's x-ray section, patient schedule, assisting the radiologists in the performance of complex interventional procedures, equipment maintenance, the report of equipment failures, and quality assessment (QA). The registered technologist maintains a high standard of medical ethics at all times and is self-motivated to increase level of understanding and knowledge of the field, disease, and new procedures as they evolve.
1. Utilizes innovative customer service techniques to provide a positive patient care experience for the patient and their family.
2. Acts professionally in all dealings with internal and external customers to promote a workingenvironment that focuses on the patient experience and not operational rivalries or roadblocks to care.
3. Produces quality radiographic images to support patient care activities
4. Communicates effectively with patients and their families about the procedure to be performed in order to obtain information and to offer reassurance.
5. Maintains awareness of and practices established radiation safety standards in carrying out duties.
6. Establishes and maintains lines of communication with all other staff members and Radiologist to insurean effective and harmonious working environment.
0. Performs other duties as assigned to meet the organization`s needs.
o Required: Formal training program after high school.
o Preferred: Associate degree or equivalent.
o Required: Radiologic Technology
o Required: One to two years
o Preferred: Two to three years
o Required: Average radiologic technology skill set.
o Preferred: Advanced radiologic technology skill set.
o Required: ARRT/MRT. American Heart Association BLS CPR certification.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs