Phys Asst Family Medicine
Work Location: CHI St. Joseph Health Primary Care - Clinics in Bryan and College Station, TX
St Joseph is a member of CommonSpirit Health whose mission is to nurture the healing ministry of the church, supported by education and research. CommonSpirit is the largest Catholic healthcare system in the country with over 90,000 employees across the US. St Joseph Health System, based in Bryan, Texas for over 75 years, joined CommonSpirit in November of 2014 and is a proud member of the Texas Division. This large system is supported by over 1400 Advance Practice Clinicians which consist of APRNs (NPs, CRNAs, CNM, and CRNAs) and Physician Assistants.
Job Summary: The Advanced Practice Clinician (APC) provides direct patient care in a primary care clinic. The clinic provides community based primary care seeing patients across the life span from newborn to geriatrics. The APC will function in concert with the medical director in a multi-disciplinary collaborative team environment and be able to function independently. Schedule will be flexible to meet community needs.
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Excellent benefits
- Sign on bonus
- CME reimbursement for new for continuing education, licensure and certification.
About CommonSpirit Health
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. & from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
Core Competencies for Advanced Practice Clinicians (APC)
- Obtain and record medical history;
- Perform physical examinations including rectal and pelvic exams as appropriate;
- Order, conduct, and interpret appropriate diagnostic and therapeutic procedures including but not limited to laboratory test, radiographic test, and EKGs;
- Formulate a diagnosis ;
- Identify and prescribe appropriate pharmacologic agents and non-pharmacologic interventions as allowed by the Texas Board of Nurse Examiners, Texas Board of Medicine, Prescriptive Authority/Collaborative Practice Agreement, And DEA regulations ;
- Educate and counsel patients and families according to diagnosis ;
- Make appropriate referrals to patient and family;
- Ability to provide care which achieves optimal individual patient outcomes and meets performance metrics,
- Commitment to community based care.
Education and Certifications required:
- Approved FNP or PA program;
- Texas licensed,
- National Board Certification and BLS (active).
Experience: 2 years minimum experience in Family Practice or Urgent Care/Express environment required;
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs