CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. & from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
Provides call-processing services in the Health System-wide, centralized call processing operation serving Health System personnel, private practice physicians, residents, patients, and the public. Assists customers in obtaining information and services. Provides emergency and disaster alerting. Monitors equipment and Performs routine maintenance and trouble shooting tasks. Assists with clerical tasks as assigned.
- Assist customers in obtaining information, and services.
- Work with all levels of personnel and physicians to utilize effective customer service skills to provide assistance and handle problem situations.
- Demonstrates skills and ability to operate department equipment, and Performs operational tasks including Pager exchanges.
- Demonstrates skills and ability to process diverse requests for information including incoming and outgoing calls, as well as emergency/disaster alerting.
- Demonstrates skills and ability to activate Health System and Departmental emergency plans including fire safety, medical emergency (code blue), and disaster and hurricane weather, as required.
- Demonstrates skills and ability to operate emergency communications equipment including telephone and paging notification systems.
- Demonstrates skills and ability to document technical and operational problems.
- Provide accurate documentation of work performed; provide timely and accurate information and reports to co-workers and management levels, summarizing problems and solutions.
- Accurately and effectively plan, organize, and control assigned tasks and responsibilities, leading to high productivity, quality, and responsiveness. Demonstrates effective organizational skills to ensure that the workload is processed in a timely manner.
- Assist the Senior Telecommunications Representative, and/or Manager in maintaining and updating department databases, including the Health System Directory, for call processing and paging, as well as locator information for physicians, employees, patients, and on-call personnel.
- Maintain an orderly work area, ensuring that equipment, supplies, parts, etc. are stored in cabinets, closets, or other designated areas.
- Develop and maintain knowledge and understanding of information technology, including operating systems, telecommunications, and networking.
Education and Licensure
High School Diploma/GED
Two (2) Years of experience in call processing, dispatching, paging, and customer service.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Knowledge and understanding of telecommunications equipment and services including; Windows based software, preferably E-mail, Excel, Word, integrated telemessaging equipment, etc.
Must have the ability to resolve problems and have excellent communication skills, telephone customer service, and interpersonal skills.
Must be able to multi-task and maintain a positive attitude.
Will sometimes be asked to serve on a project team that contributes to the improvement of morale and department performance.
Provides recommendations for improvements, as well as contributions towards making the improvements.
The above statements reflect the general details considered necessary to describe the essential functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in position.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs