The posted compensation range of $24.59 - $33.81 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
In 2020, united in a fierce commitment to deliver the highest quality care and exceptional patient experience, Virginia Mason and CHI Franciscan Health came together as natural partners to build a new health system centered around the patient: Virginia Mason Franciscan Health. Our combined system builds upon the scale and expertise of our nearly 300 sites of care, including 11 hospitals and nearly 5,000 physicians and providers. Together, we are empowered to make an even greater impact on the health and well-being of our communities.
CHI Franciscan and Virginia Mason are now united to build the future of patient-centered care across the Pacific Northwest. That means a seamlessly connected system offering quality care close to home. From basic health needs to the most complex, highly specialized care, our patients can count on us to meet their needs with convenient access to the region’s most prestigious experts and innovative treatments and technologies.
We're proud to share that St. Michael Medical Center was recognized among the Best Hospitals in Washington state by U.S. News & World Report.
While you’re busy impacting the healthcare industry, we’ll take care of you with benefits that may include health/dental/vision, FSA, matching retirement plans, paid vacation, adoption assistance, annual bonus eligibility, and more!
Performs the analysis, and develops personalized exercise programs for patients who have been diagnosed with diabetes, cardiac (heart) disease or pulmonary (lung) disease as prescribed by the Physician. Ensures programs and exercises are medically sound and benefit the patient by improving and/or maintaining health and fitness for rehabilitation of heart disease and other chronic diseases and disabilities.
Incumbents are also accountable for contributing to the development of exercise program policies and procedures and maintaining their skills, abilities and knowledge of the assigned function through continuing education, self-initiated study, and attendance in professional meetings and seminars.
- Assists nursing staff with clinical assessment by evaluating the patient’s overall health, with special attention to cardiovascular function and metabolism.
- Designs customized exercise programs to meet the patient’s need to maintain their health, reduce their risk of disease or speed recovery from cardiothoracic types of illness or surgery.
- Performs Phase II Cardiac Rehab exercise therapy in accordance with the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation, American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) and the American Hospital Association guidelines for exercise therapy.
- Documents patient progress and outcomes in accordance with department standards and procedures.
- Provides education sessions as needed for patients, families, and external groups.
A Bachelor's degree in exercise science or human movement. Recent related work experience that demonstrates attainment of the requisite job knowledge skills/abilities, preferably in a cardiac rehabilitation program.
- Current certification by the American College of Sports Medicine as a Registered Clinical Exercise Physiologist (RCEP) or Certified Exercise Specialist (CES) required within one (1) year of hire into the position.
- Credentialed as a Medical Assistant-Registered Department of Health Washington State preferred.
- Current American Heart Association healthcare provider BLS certification.
- ACLS certification is preferred.
- ACSM Certification preferred.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs