Software Eng Senior Analyst
Since 1885, CHI St. Alexius Health has been dedicated to leading health care in this region by enriching the lives of patients through the highest quality of care. We seek to continue our tradition of success and innovation with individuals dedicated to delivering the highest level of expertise and quality. Together we can continue to grow and support the legacy of CHI St. Alexius Health for many years to come.
CHI St. Alexius Health is a regional health network with a tertiary hospital in Bismarck, the system also consists of critical access hospitals (CAHs) in Carrington, Dickinson, Devils Lake, Garrison, Turtle Lake, Washburn and Williston and numerous clinics and outpatient services. CHI St. Alexius Health manages four CAHs in North Dakota - Elgin, Linton, and Wishek, as well as Mobridge Regional Medical Center in Mobridge, S.D. CHI St. Alexius Health offers a comprehensive line of inpatient and outpatient medical services, including: a Level II Trauma Center, primary and specialty physician clinics, home health and hospice services, durable medical equipment services, a fitness and human performance center and ancillary services throughout western and central North Dakota.
CHI St. Alexius Health is part of CommonSpirit Health, a nonprofit, Catholic health system dedicated to advancing health for all people. It was created in February 2019 through the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives and Dignity Health. CommonSpirit Health is committed to creating healthier communities, delivering exceptional patient care, and ensuring every person has access to quality health care.
The Senior Technical Analyst provides application technology expertise and direction in the application support/development/implementation of highly complex enterprise wide cross functional programs or projects. May lead to resolution of highly complex problems.
The Senior Technical Analyst may occasionally work on projects, engaged in enterprise wide projects as a team member or as a team leader. Acts as subject matter expert for multiple areas. Leads a cross functional team to troubleshoot highly complex hardware, software and system problems.
Essential Key Job Responsibilities
- Responsible for delivering or leading the design, development, support, maintenance deployment of functional applications as well as information support processes.
- Responsible for taking on-call on a regular basis
- Lead resolution of highly complex issues or requests that need a technical expert for specific solution sets. Typically involved in problem management activities which includes performing diagnosis, troubleshooting and critical thinking to solve or fulfill needs of medium and high complexity; utilizing knowledge management and escalates issues when necessary.
- Follows appropriate change control process at all times
- Responsible to complete tasks and associated documentation within committed timeframes, and effectively communicate across teams and all levels of management.
- Lead technical analysis discussions, deliver supporting artifacts and assist with conducting review sessions for all necessary approvals.
- Develops, maintains and is a reviewer of knowledge management artifacts and leads transition to operations functions following implementation delivery.
- Receives necessary information and training of applications during the implementation of new solutions, upgrades, fixes.
- Leads product release management functions which may include developing test plans, perform test plans, facilitate with end user for end user acceptance testing and may develop application validation scripts for ongoing operations team.
- Participates in estimating and resource planning for highly complex or enterprise wide solutions.
- Provides guidance and training and problem solving assistance to other team members and operational support teams.
- Leads efforts on continuous process improvement activities to ultimately improve customer satisfaction experience.
- Involved in the development of service level agreements (SLAs). Monitors deviations and escalates issues to leadership.
Required Education for Staff Job Levels
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent knowledge and skills obtained through a combination of education, training, and experience in a Healthcare environment.
10+ years’ experience working in IT as an Application Systems Analyst or Technical Analyst role
Required Licensure and Certifications
If vendor provided, obtain and maintain certification in assigned application module(s).
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
-Excellent writing/documentation and communication skills.
-Fast learner, quality consciousness and committed to providing exceptional customer service.
-Knowledge of troubleshooting hardware and software.
-Experience working with project life cycle or project management methodologies required.
-6 or more years’ experience with application support in a hospital or medical related industry required.
-Expert level understanding and comfort leading business and technology partners through a structured deployment and/or implementation life cycle and support model. This includes technical requirement gathering, specification development and creation of design and system test plans.
-Advanced understanding of technology projects and concepts as they relate to high level business objectives and ability to present those concepts to both IT and non-IT audiences in concise and an easy to understand manner is required.
-Advanced oral and written communication skills capable of communicating at executive levels within the organization is required. This includes the ability to present highly technical concepts, solutions, and issues in a manner business leaders can leverage to support their business vision.
-Exceptional presentation, technical writing and documentation skills are required.
-Capacity to leverage strong analytical and complex problem solving skills to recommend solutions.
-Proven abilities in problem management, process analysis and root cause analysis is required.
-Proven interpersonal and relationship building skills, with the ability to manage up, down and across levels of the organization is required.
-Operational understanding and ability to work in a complex and matrix oriented team environment
-Strong command of key productivity applications: Google Workspace, Microsoft Visio, for example
Ability to comprehend and follow instructions; maintain attention and concentration for necessary periods; synthesize, coordinate, and analyze data, perform simple and repetitive tasks; maintain a work pace appropriate to given work load; perform complex and varied tasks; relate to other people beyond giving and receiving instructions; get along with co-workers and peers; understand the meaning of words and how to use them appropriately and effectively; understand and remember detailed instructions; make independent decisions or exercise judgment based on appropriate information; accept and carry out responsibility for direction, control and planning.
-Operational knowledge of interfaces/EDI, APIs, and evolving technology is desired.
-Ability to lead discussions with application and project team(s) to define testing scenarios and scripts in alignment with customer and system requirements is a desired skill..
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs