RN Heart and Vascular Center
Partnering for a stronger, healthier world.
At CommonSpirit Health, we believe in the healing power of humanity. We invite you to explore our specialty areas and pursue a career in humankindness.
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Department: Cardiac Cath Recovery
- Hours/Pay Period: 80
Since 1885, CHI St. Alexius Health has been dedicated to leading health care in this region by enriching the lives of patients through the highest quality of care. We seek to continue our tradition of success and innovation with individuals dedicated to delivering the highest level of expertise and quality. Together we can continue to grow and support the legacy of CHI St. Alexius Health for many years to come.
CHI St. Alexius Health is a regional health network with a tertiary hospital in Bismarck, the system also consists of critical access hospitals (CAHs) in Carrington, Dickinson, Devils Lake, Garrison, Turtle Lake, Washburn and Williston and numerous clinics and outpatient services. CHI St. Alexius Health manages four CAHs in North Dakota - Elgin, Linton, and Wishek, as well as Mobridge Regional Medical Center in Mobridge, S.D. CHI St. Alexius Health offers a comprehensive line of inpatient and outpatient medical services, including: a Level II Trauma Center, primary and specialty physician clinics, home health and hospice services, durable medical equipment services, a fitness and human performance center and ancillary services throughout western and central North Dakota.
CHI St. Alexius Health is part of CommonSpirit Health, a nonprofit, Catholic health system dedicated to advancing health for all people. It was created in February 2019 through the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives and Dignity Health. CommonSpirit Health is committed to creating healthier communities, delivering exceptional patient care, and ensuring every person has access to quality health care.
** THIS POSITION QUALIFIES FOR A $20,000 SIGN ON BONUS
- Scope of Practice and Professional Issues:
- Adheres to St. Alexius Medical Center mission, values, and Journey Beyond Excellence expectations to foster a compassionate, healing environment providing physiological, emotional, psychological, and spiritual support to patients, families, and visitors.
- Assures quality of care by adhering to St. Alexius Medical Center policies, philosophies and standards of care regulated by ND State Board of Nursing, the ND nurse practice act, and other governing agency regulations.
- Utilizes the nursing process, including planning, assessment, intervention, and evaluation, to develop and implement a comprehensive plan of care for the patient and family focused on optimal patient outcomes
- Meets the educational needs of patient/family/co-workers utilizing principles and current professional literature to achieve positive learning outcomes.
- Delegates nursing care with respect based on knowledge of staff qualifications / competencies and individual patient care needs.
- Provides moderate sedation, monitoring, and documentation for various Heart and Vascular procedures while following HIPAA regulations and St. Alexius Medical Center policies.
- Assesses patient conditions and takes immediate action in emergency situations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols, medication administration and storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
- Maintains a cooperative relationship among health care teams by communicating information, responding to requests, building rapport and participating in multidisciplinary problem-solving.
- Successfully completes the 4 defined job specific competencies, including competencies for age specific, as appropriate. May exceed by completing an additional 2 or more competencies deemed for area selected for that fiscal year.
- Takes action to achieve personal goals from performance appraisal.
- Assists Heart and Vascular Clinical Coordinator with establishing and implementing the department goals.
- Attends Heart and Vascular Department meetings.
- Work attendance will be according to the Heart and Vascular policy, trend will be monitored by the Director.
- Assists in meeting Core Measure and Quality Control thresholds.
Education: Nursing degree / diploma from a school of nursing.
Licensure: Licensed to practice resisted nursing in the state of North Dakota or a compact.
Experience: Preferred 2 years of nursing experience.
- Ability to work with infants, pediatrics, adolescents, adults, and geriatrics.
- Ability to work independently to perform standard and complex procedures under minimum direction.
- Working knowledge of basic clinical skills in delivery of patient care.
- Working knowledge of computers.
Interpersonal Skills: Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Maintains confidentiality.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) within 480 hours of employment and with re-certification as required.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) within 480 hours of employment,and with re-certification as require bi-annually.
starts with you.
Are you a career fit with our CommonSpirit Health culture? To understand how we are structured, we believe in some core philosophies with the following:
We will be stronger together, achieving excellence in all we do, collaborating across the fields and growing our collective knowledge.
We will let humankindness guide us as we treat every person with holistic, personalized care for the body, mind and spirit.
We will advance the science and art of nursing as innovative leaders who demonstrate the power of evidence-based, compassionate care. If you believe in working together with humankindness for all to advance the science and art of nursing - then you have found your career fit with us!
“Our hope is that you will always feel inspired, knowing you truly are the heart and soul of CommonSpirit.”– Kathleen D. Sanford, EVP, Chief Nursing Officer
Your Possible Career Path
This is a snapshot of your potential career path highlights the series of job positions that help you progress towards your goals and objectives. Ultimately, your career path depends on your career values and personal goals.
What makes a successful RN Heart and Vascular Center at CHI St Alexius Bismarck?
Our Total Reward Offerings
At CommonSpirit Health, your Total Rewards package includes compensation, benefits, retirement, wellness, leave, and other programs. Please explore what we have to offer below.
Pay and Recognition
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started