RN - Century Clinic
Since 1885, CHI St. Alexius Health has been dedicated to leading health care in this region by enriching the lives of patients through the highest quality of care. We seek to continue our tradition of success and innovation with individuals dedicated to delivering the highest level of expertise and quality. Together we can continue to grow and support the legacy of CHI St. Alexius Health for many years to come.
CHI St. Alexius Health is a regional health network with a tertiary hospital in Bismarck, the system also consists of critical access hospitals (CAHs) in Carrington, Dickinson, Devils Lake, Garrison, Turtle Lake, Washburn and Williston and numerous clinics and outpatient services. CHI St. Alexius Health manages four CAHs in North Dakota - Elgin, Linton, and Wishek, as well as Mobridge Regional Medical Center in Mobridge, S.D. CHI St. Alexius Health offers a comprehensive line of inpatient and outpatient medical services, including: a Level II Trauma Center, primary and specialty physician clinics, home health and hospice services, durable medical equipment services, a fitness and human performance center and ancillary services throughout western and central North Dakota.
CHI St. Alexius Health is part of CommonSpirit Health, a nonprofit, Catholic health system dedicated to advancing health for all people. It was created in February 2019 through the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives and Dignity Health. CommonSpirit Health is committed to creating healthier communities, delivering exceptional patient care, and ensuring every person has access to quality health care.
The Registered Nurse (RN) plays a key role in the delivery of patient care. The RN plans, implements, and evaluates individual patient care documents in the clinic according to established practice, protocols, policies and procedures. The RN assists physicians, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants in clinical duties to ensure patients and families receive the highest quality care and knowledge promoting patient wellness. The RN will practice nursing in accordance with the North Dakota Nurse Practice Act.
Essential Key Job Responsibilities
- Adheres to and acts as a role model through support of St. Alexius Medical Center mission, values, and Journey Beyond Excellence expectations to foster a compassionate, healing environment providing physiological, emotional, psychological, and spiritual support to patients, families, and visitors.
- Assures quality of care by adhering to St. Alexius Medical Center policies, philosophies and standards of care regulated by ND State Board of Nursing, the ND nurse practice act, and other governing agency regulations.
- Prepares the patient(s) for their clinic visit and documents accordingly.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols, medication administration and storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
- Works in all areas of the Clinics, filling in for absences and assisting the nursing staff as needed
- Maintains a cooperative relationship among health care teams by communicating information, responding to requests, building rapport, participating in team problem-solving methods.
- Utilizes the nursing process to assist in developing and implementing a comprehensive plan of care for the patient/family which promotes optimal patient outcomes.
- Meets the educational needs of coworkers and patient/family utilizing principles of teaching/learning
- Delegates nursing care based on scope of practice, knowledge of staff qualifications/competency and patient care requirements
- Successfully completes the defined job specific competencies, including competency for age specifics, department goals and objectives per performance appraisal
- Cross train to perform patient registration and laboratory (phlebotomy and waived testing) processes as needed per clinic efficiencies.
- Complete cross trained duties to include applicable training to maintain proficiency.
Required Education for Staff Job Levels
Bachelor’s degree in nursing
Required Minimum Experience
Licensed to practice nursing in the state of ND or in a compact state
Basic life support certified
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Knowledge of the principles and skills needed for practical nursing to provide patient care and treatment.
2. Knowledge of examination, diagnostic and treatment room procedures
3. Knowledge of medications and their effects on patients
4. Skilled in the administration of medications, vaccines and treatments as directed
5. Skilled in taking vital signs
6. Skilled in the use of various types of medical equipment used for examination and treatment purposes
7. Maintains quality control standards
8. Recognizes problems and recommends solutions
9. Possesses sufficient computer skills to navigate through multiple programs of data entry
PREFERRED Education and/or Experience
Prefer 1-2 years of clinic or hospital or experience.
ACLS and PALS certification optional
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
CommonSpirit Health™ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, parental status, ancestry, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here.
CommonSpirit Health™ will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c). External hires must pass a post-offer, pre-employment background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with an arrest and/or conviction will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, ban the box laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by telephone at (415) 438-5575 and let us know the nature of your request. We will only respond to messages left that involve a request for a reasonable accommodation in the application process. We will accommodate the needs of any qualified candidate who requests a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). CommonSpirit Health™ participates in E-Verify.