Since 1885, CHI St. Alexius Health has been dedicated to leading health care in this region by enriching the lives of patients through the highest quality of care. We seek to continue our tradition of success and innovation with individuals dedicated to delivering the highest level of expertise and quality. Together we can continue to grow and support the legacy of CHI St. Alexius Health for many years to come.
CHI St. Alexius Health is a regional health network with a tertiary hospital in Bismarck, the system also consists of critical access hospitals (CAHs) in Carrington, Dickinson, Devils Lake, Garrison, Turtle Lake, Washburn and Williston and numerous clinics and outpatient services. CHI St. Alexius Health manages four CAHs in North Dakota - Elgin, Linton, and Wishek, as well as Mobridge Regional Medical Center in Mobridge, S.D. CHI St. Alexius Health offers a comprehensive line of inpatient and outpatient medical services, including: a Level II Trauma Center, primary and specialty physician clinics, home health and hospice services, durable medical equipment services, a fitness and human performance center and ancillary services throughout western and central North Dakota.
CHI St. Alexius Health is part of CommonSpirit Health, a nonprofit, Catholic health system dedicated to advancing health for all people. It was created in February 2019 through the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives and Dignity Health. CommonSpirit Health is committed to creating healthier communities, delivering exceptional patient care, and ensuring every person has access to quality health care.
ESSENTIAL KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Identifies potential candidates for recruitment using a variety of sourcing methodologies. Perform all physician recruitment duties including sourcing, pre-screening and interviewing candidates; make recommendations on candidate “go-no go” status. Facilitate searching, sourcing, communicating with candidates through various channels. Sourcing methods may include, but not limited to:
a. Identify potential candidates who have personal or educational ties to the area.
b. Working with the Medical Staff in identifying potential candidates.
c. Utilizing sourcing agencies with prior approval of Supervisor.
d. Utilizing search firms with prior approval of Supervisor.
e. Advertising/postings with journals, websites and other media regarding potential candidates.
f. Investigating potential clinical rotation programs to be utilized in familiarizing physicians at recruitment fairs and residency programs.
g. Acting as an ambassador for the System in meeting with physicians at recruitment fairs and residency and fellowship programs.
h. Collaborate with Vice President(s), Leadership and give input regarding strategic direction of physician recruitment initiatives to ensure organizational objectives are met.
2. Manages database of prospective provider candidates for recruitment including contact info, CV, references, interview dates, and offers as applicable.
3. In concert with each physician practice, campus, health care clinic and/or community, and the CHI Health Physician Medical Staff Development Plan, develops a practice recruitment profile outlining the specifics of each recruitment engagement. This document forms the basis for the overall recruitment process and will be completed before recruitment commences.
4. Screen all candidates to understand appropriateness of fit with CHI Health based on training and experience. Understand reasons and motivations for job changes. Obtain necessary references and complete the required employment verification steps. Refers candidates for additional interviews with others in the organization.
5. Oversees and coordinates all necessary arrangements for a provider site visit to the Campus and/or clinic. This will include the development and coordination of itineraries (travel, dinners, hotels, childcare arrangements, community tours, etc.). Itinerary development will be closely coordinated with the physicians’ practice group and be tailored to the unique interest and needs of each candidate and family.
6. Works with necessary CHI Health departments for the on-boarding, credentialing, orientation and integration of successful candidates into the Campus and/or clinic.
7. Establishes and maintains a system for measuring the progress of recruitment efforts against overall plans and will report results on a regular basis to each site within the System, the physician practice group and the local community involved in the Recruitment Program.
8. Works collaboratively with the Physician Recruitment Sourcing Specialist to develop sourcing strategies and plans of action per search.
9. Establishes a system for ongoing communication with new physicians for at least the first 6 months of their practice to monitor their satisfaction levels and assuring smooth transition to the Medical Staff Office function.
10. Reviews all bills and invoices for recruitment expenses for approval by the Supervisor and submits in a timely fashion.
11. Serve as a source of physician recruitment best practices (i.e. changes and trends in industry, salary data, and recruitment activity.)
12. Other duties as assigned by management.
Bachelor’s degree in a business or health care administration field or extensive recruiting experience in physician recruitment.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Requires superior interpersonal skills in working with a variety of organizations and personalities. Must be able to maintain harmonious relationships among those involved in the recruitment process. Strong written and oral communication skills. A high degree of organization is required. It is also beneficial to the position to be knowledgeable with medical group practices. Considerable initiative required along with the ability to work with minimum supervision. Job requires the continuous verbal communication skills and frequent reading and written communication skills.
Five to seven years’ experience in the medical industry either in medical administration or with a medical recruiting agency, with evidence of increasing responsibility and in a public contact position. Experience in working with physicians.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs