Operating Room Manager
Partnering for a stronger, healthier world.
At CommonSpirit Health, we believe in the healing power of humanity. We invite you to explore our specialty areas and pursue a career in humankindness.
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Department: Surgery
- Hours/Pay Period: 80
The posted compensation range of $35.03- $50.27 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
Since 1885, CHI St. Alexius Health has been dedicated to leading health care in this region by enriching the lives of patients through the highest quality of care. We seek to continue our tradition of success and innovation with individuals dedicated to delivering the highest level of expertise and quality. Together we can continue to grow and support the legacy of CHI St. Alexius Health for many years to come.
CHI St. Alexius Health is a regional health network with a tertiary hospital in Bismarck, the system also consists of critical access hospitals (CAHs) in Carrington, Dickinson, Devils Lake, Garrison, Turtle Lake, Washburn and Williston and numerous clinics and outpatient services. CHI St. Alexius Health manages four CAHs in North Dakota - Elgin, Linton, and Wishek, as well as Mobridge Regional Medical Center in Mobridge, S.D. CHI St. Alexius Health offers a comprehensive line of inpatient and outpatient medical services, including: a Level II Trauma Center, primary and specialty physician clinics, home health and hospice services, durable medical equipment services, a fitness and human performance center and ancillary services throughout western and central North Dakota.
CHI St. Alexius Health is part of CommonSpirit Health, a nonprofit, Catholic health system dedicated to advancing health for all people. It was created in February 2019 through the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives and Dignity Health. CommonSpirit Health is committed to creating healthier communities, delivering exceptional patient care, and ensuring every person has access to quality health care.
- Act as a role model through support of CHI St. Alexius Health Mission and Values. Promotes and enhances the JBE expectations.
- Maintains nursing guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures. Oversees writing/revision/implementation of departmental policies and procedures according to standards of care.
- Assures quality of care by establishing hospital and nursing division's standards of care per Association of Operating Room Nurses and ASPAN guidelines; enforcing adherence to state board of nursing and state nurse practice act requirements and to other governing agency regulations; measuring health outcomes against standards; recommending adjustments.
- Maintains nursing staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training nurses and auxiliary staff. Maintains nursing staff job results by coaching, counseling, rounding, resolving issues and disciplining employees in a timely manner; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.Monitors unit scheduling, staffing, and adequacy of coverage.
- Maintains daily operations on the units including problem solving on the units.Rounds and Resolves any patient/family needs by utilizing multidisciplinary team strategies.
Required Education (for CHI Leadership Job Levels from Supervisor through President)
Nursing Degree from approved school of nursing. Bachelor’s degree attained or began within one year of hire.Click to select CHI Leadership Job Level & Required Education
Required Education for Staff Job Levels
Click here to enter text.
Required Licensure and Certifications
Licensed to practice registered nursing in the state of ND or in a compact state. Basic Life Support Certification within 480 hours of employment and meets recertification as required.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Working knowledge of basic clinical skills in delivery of patient care. Accountable for own conduct and promotes and supports positive working relationships among staff, between other disciplines, departments, visitors and patients.
Five (5) years of Perioperative nursing preferred. Two (2) years of perioperative management required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
starts with you.
Are you a career fit with our CommonSpirit Health culture? To understand how we are structured, we believe in some core philosophies with the following:
We will be stronger together, achieving excellence in all we do, collaborating across the fields and growing our collective knowledge.
We will let humankindness guide us as we treat every person with holistic, personalized care for the body, mind and spirit.
We will advance the science and art of nursing as innovative leaders who demonstrate the power of evidence-based, compassionate care. If you believe in working together with humankindness for all to advance the science and art of nursing - then you have found your career fit with us!
“Our hope is that you will always feel inspired, knowing you truly are the heart and soul of CommonSpirit.”– Kathleen D. Sanford, EVP, Chief Nursing Officer
Your Potential Career Path
This is a snapshot of your potential career path highlights the series of job positions that help you progress towards your goals and objectives. Ultimately, your career path depends on your career values and personal goals.
What makes a successful Operating Room Manager at CHI St Alexius Bismarck?
Our Total Reward Offerings
At CommonSpirit Health, your Total Rewards package includes compensation, benefits, retirement, wellness, leave, and other programs. Please explore what we have to offer below.
Pay and Recognition
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started