Life Safety Specialist
The posted compensation range of $14.77 - $19.75 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
Since 1885, CHI St. Alexius Health has been dedicated to leading health care in this region by enriching the lives of patients through the highest quality of care. We seek to continue our tradition of success and innovation with individuals dedicated to delivering the highest level of expertise and quality. Together we can continue to grow and support the legacy of CHI St. Alexius Health for many years to come.
CHI St. Alexius Health is a regional health network with a tertiary hospital in Bismarck, the system also consists of critical access hospitals (CAHs) in Carrington, Dickinson, Devils Lake, Garrison, Turtle Lake, Washburn and Williston and numerous clinics and outpatient services. CHI St. Alexius Health manages four CAHs in North Dakota - Elgin, Linton, and Wishek, as well as Mobridge Regional Medical Center in Mobridge, S.D. CHI St. Alexius Health offers a comprehensive line of inpatient and outpatient medical services, including: a Level II Trauma Center, primary and specialty physician clinics, home health and hospice services, durable medical equipment services, a fitness and human performance center and ancillary services throughout western and central North Dakota.
CHI St. Alexius Health is part of CommonSpirit Health, a nonprofit, Catholic health system dedicated to advancing health for all people. It was created in February 2019 through the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives and Dignity Health. CommonSpirit Health is committed to creating healthier communities, delivering exceptional patient care, and ensuring every person has access to quality health care.
CHI StCHI St. Alexius is looking for a Life Safety Specialist to join the team! This is a PRN position.
The Life Safety Specialist works under the supervision of the Safety Department. The Life Safety Specialist is the functional communication center for the entire St. Alexius Health Medical Center campus and its affiliates. This individual is responsible for processing all calls, alerts and walk-in patients according to the protocols, policies, procedures and guidelines of the Emergency and other Hospital Departments.
What You'll Do:
- Provides front-line customer service to Emergency Department (ED) patients presenting to the ED
- Effectively communicates with the ER staff concerning the needs of visitors and patients.
- Initiates and responds to hospital CODES
- Monitors all medical center alarms, doors, security cameras, the safety alarms for building systems: fire, medical gas, critical refrigeration and freezers and contacts the appropriate department about systems out of normal range.
- Relays information from certain EMS transportation modalities to appropriate medical center personnel.
- Assures the conveyance of critical information through the use of appropriate channels: Phone, Overhead paging, and pagers.
- Messages accurately and promptly to appropriate departments, physicians and outside agencies.
- Accesses and utilizes the EPIC medical record system to arrive and log ED patients.
- Updates physician call rosters
- Processes all calls according to established policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Answers/Screens all hospital calls after normal hours including timely & efficient call transfers, messages
- Accesses physician on-call information in Webexchange to notify the appropriate physician of emergency needs 13. Maintains an outstanding work ethic and attitude with patients and coworkers and contributes to a positive work environment.
- Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of the policies, procedures and guidelines.
Education: High school graduate or equivalent. Prefer post high school education in computers, customer, service, office skills, medical terminology, etc.
Experience: Prefer previous reception or customer service experience.
While you’re busy impacting the healthcare industry, we’ll take care of you with benefits that may include health/dental/vision, FSA, matching retirement plans, paid time off, tuition assistance, adoption assistance, and more!
Unless directed by a Collective Bargaining Agreement, applications for this position will be considered on a rolling basis. CommonSpirit Health cannot anticipate the date by which a successful candidate may be identified.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs