Partnering for a stronger, healthier world.
At CommonSpirit Health, we believe in the healing power of humanity. We invite you to explore our specialty areas and pursue a career in humankindness.
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Department: Nursing Administration
- Hours/Pay Period: 80
The posted compensation range of $35.03- $50.27/ hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
Since 1885, CHI St. Alexius Health has been dedicated to leading health care in this region by enriching the lives of patients through the highest quality of care. We seek to continue our tradition of success and innovation with individuals dedicated to delivering the highest level of expertise and quality. Together we can continue to grow and support the legacy of CHI St. Alexius Health for many years to come.
CHI St. Alexius Health is a regional health network with a tertiary hospital in Bismarck, the system also consists of critical access hospitals (CAHs) in Carrington, Dickinson, Devils Lake, Garrison, Turtle Lake, Washburn and Williston and numerous clinics and outpatient services. CHI St. Alexius Health manages four CAHs in North Dakota - Elgin, Linton, and Wishek, as well as Mobridge Regional Medical Center in Mobridge, S.D. CHI St. Alexius Health offers a comprehensive line of inpatient and outpatient medical services, including: a Level II Trauma Center, primary and specialty physician clinics, home health and hospice services, durable medical equipment services, a fitness and human performance center and ancillary services throughout western and central North Dakota.
CHI St. Alexius Health is part of CommonSpirit Health, a nonprofit, Catholic health system dedicated to advancing health for all people. It was created in February 2019 through the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives and Dignity Health. CommonSpirit Health is committed to creating healthier communities, delivering exceptional patient care, and ensuring every person has access to quality health care.
- Has the authority to interview, hire, orient, terminate, promote, train and conduct performance evaluations.
- Oversees the functional and technical job performance of team members.
- Allocates and directs staffing needs to meet patient, unit and Hospital needs, and collaborates with others to ensure overall staffing needs are met.
- Manages performance including: goal-setting, clarifying job expectations, monitoring performance progress, providing feedback, recognize, developing skills and addressing performance issues related to work and our Commitments using corrective action.
- Monitors and oversee patient engagement, growth, quality initiatives and patient safety for multiple departments, utilizing regulatory and organizational knowledge and policy for multiple areas as separate functions.
- Coordinates and manages operating systems, operational standardization, service standards and communication methods in line with system policies and processes.
- Ensures optimal utilization of department resources within guidelines set forth through capital and operational budget planning, implementation of practices that achieve defined objectives, and benchmark data.
- Assures appropriate level of understanding, awareness and compliance with all applicable Joint Commission, federal, state and agency laws, regulations, guidelines and/or professional standards.
- Provides high quality services at reasonable costs by managing programs, policies and procedures for all areas of responsibility. Monitors and ensures implementation of evidence-based clinical standards of nursing practice.
- Works closely with multiple disciplines to coordinate delivery of high quality care.
Required Education (for CHI Leadership Job Levels from Supervisor through President)
Sys/Div/Mkt/Local Manager – Bachelor’s Degree and minimum of 3 years leadership experience OR minimum of 5 years leadership experience in the discipline OR Master’s Degree and no experience
Required Education for Staff Job Levels
Required Licensure and Certifications
Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing Required. Current Registered Nurse License in North Dakota. North Dakota is a compact state, so license must be held in the state of your residence.
BLS certification is required upon hire. Acceptable credentialing bodies and certifications include the following: American Red Cross: CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer, American Safety and Health Institute: CPR/PRO, must say “Professional Level-with AED,” and American Heart Association: Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers. ACLS, PALS, and TNCC required upon hire.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Must possess strong knowledge of inpatient nursing, nursing administration, applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and professional standards; strong project management skills; good communication skills; good strategic planning skills; strong change management skills; must demonstrate person traits of a high level of motivation; team orientation; professionalism; trust; and place a high value on treating others with dignity and respect.
Master’s Degree and ACLS or PALS if incumbent has potential to work in clinical area, commensurate with department requirements.
Specialty Certificate related to this role encouraged.
A minimum of five years of progressive work experience, with at least two years of management experience in an inpatient/outpatient nursing environment is preferred. Must possess strong knowledge of inpatient/outpatient nursing, nursing administration, applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and professional standards; strong project management skills; good communication skills; good strategic planning skills; strong change management skills; must demonstrate person traits of a high level of motivation; team orientation; professionalism; trust; and place a high value on treating others with dignity and respect.
starts with you.
Are you a career fit with our CommonSpirit Health culture? To understand how we are structured, we believe in some core philosophies with the following:
We will be stronger together, achieving excellence in all we do, collaborating across the fields and growing our collective knowledge.
We will let humankindness guide us as we treat every person with holistic, personalized care for the body, mind and spirit.
We will advance the science and art of nursing as innovative leaders who demonstrate the power of evidence-based, compassionate care. If you believe in working together with humankindness for all to advance the science and art of nursing - then you have found your career fit with us!
“Our hope is that you will always feel inspired, knowing you truly are the heart and soul of CommonSpirit.”– Kathleen D. Sanford, EVP, Chief Nursing Officer
Your Potential Career Path
This is a snapshot of your potential career path highlights the series of job positions that help you progress towards your goals and objectives. Ultimately, your career path depends on your career values and personal goals.
What makes a successful House Supervisor at CHI St Alexius Bismarck?
Our Total Reward Offerings
At CommonSpirit Health, your Total Rewards package includes compensation, benefits, retirement, wellness, leave, and other programs. Please explore what we have to offer below.
Pay and Recognition
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started