Cardiac Device Nurse Specialist Clinic
Partnering for a stronger, healthier world.
At CommonSpirit Health, we believe in the healing power of humanity. We invite you to explore our specialty areas and pursue a career in humankindness.
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Department: Cardiology Clinic
- Hours/Pay Period: 80
The posted compensation range of $26.14- $38.60 / hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
Since 1885, CHI St. Alexius Health has been dedicated to leading health care in this region by enriching the lives of patients through the highest quality of care. We seek to continue our tradition of success and innovation with individuals dedicated to delivering the highest level of expertise and quality. Together we can continue to grow and support the legacy of CHI St. Alexius Health for many years to come.
CHI St. Alexius Health is a regional health network with a tertiary hospital in Bismarck, the system also consists of critical access hospitals (CAHs) in Carrington, Dickinson, Devils Lake, Garrison, Turtle Lake, Washburn and Williston and numerous clinics and outpatient services. CHI St. Alexius Health manages four CAHs in North Dakota - Elgin, Linton, and Wishek, as well as Mobridge Regional Medical Center in Mobridge, S.D. CHI St. Alexius Health offers a comprehensive line of inpatient and outpatient medical services, including: a Level II Trauma Center, primary and specialty physician clinics, home health and hospice services, durable medical equipment services, a fitness and human performance center and ancillary services throughout western and central North Dakota.
CHI St. Alexius Health is part of CommonSpirit Health, a nonprofit, Catholic health system dedicated to advancing health for all people. It was created in February 2019 through the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives and Dignity Health. CommonSpirit Health is committed to creating healthier communities, delivering exceptional patient care, and ensuring every person has access to quality health care.
THIS POSITION QUALIFIES FOR A $5,000 SIGN ON BONUS!!**
- Adheres to St. Alexius Medical Center’s mission, values, and Journey Beyond Excellence expectations to foster a compassionate, healing environment providing physiological, emotional, psychological, and spiritual support to patients, families, and visitors.
- Assures quality of care by adhering to St. Alexius Medical Center policies, philosophies, and standards or care regulated by ND Board of Nursing, the ND practice act, and other governing agency regulations.
- Prepares the Cardiac Device patient(s) for their clinic visit and documents accordingly.
- Meets the educational needs of patient/family/co-workers utilizing principles and current professional literature to achieve positive learning outcomes.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols, medication administration and storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
- Delegates nursing care with respect based on knowledge of staff qualifications/competencies and individual patient care needs.
- Maintains a cooperative relationship among health care teams by communicating information; responding to requests; building rapport; participating in multi-disciplinary problem solving.
- Successfully completes the defined job competencies, including competencies for age specific, as appropriate.
Graduate of a school of nursing.
Licensed to practice registered nursing in the state of ND or in a compact state.
Minimum of three years cardiac nursing experience.
The Cardiac Device Nurse Specialist has knowledge of the principles and skills necessary for nursing to provide care and treatment to cardiac device (pacemaker, defibrillator, and implantable loop recorder) patients. In collaboration with the physician, the nurse will monitor the effectiveness of the cardiac devices through interrogation, and making the necessary changes (including but not limited to: A-V Delay, Amplitude, Pulse Width, Lead Configuration, Refractories, Sensitivity, therapy settings, base rates, and enhancements); will have direct patient contact and will provide the encounter documentation. Has knowledge of multiple modalities for cardiac device assessments. Has knowledge of examination, diagnostic, and treatment room procedures. Has knowledge of medications and their effects on patients. Skilled in the administration of medications and treatments as directed. Skilled in taking vital signs and in the use of various types of equipment used for examination and treatment purposes. Is able to maintain quality control standards and to recognize problems and recommend solutions.
starts with you.
Are you a career fit with our CommonSpirit Health culture? To understand how we are structured, we believe in some core philosophies with the following:
We will be stronger together, achieving excellence in all we do, collaborating across the fields and growing our collective knowledge.
We will let humankindness guide us as we treat every person with holistic, personalized care for the body, mind and spirit.
We will advance the science and art of nursing as innovative leaders who demonstrate the power of evidence-based, compassionate care. If you believe in working together with humankindness for all to advance the science and art of nursing - then you have found your career fit with us!
“Our hope is that you will always feel inspired, knowing you truly are the heart and soul of CommonSpirit.”– Kathleen D. Sanford, EVP, Chief Nursing Officer
Your Potential Career Path
This is a snapshot of your potential career path highlights the series of job positions that help you progress towards your goals and objectives. Ultimately, your career path depends on your career values and personal goals.
What makes a successful Cardiac Device Nurse Specialist Clinic at CHI St Alexius Bismarck?
Our Total Reward Offerings
At CommonSpirit Health, your Total Rewards package includes compensation, benefits, retirement, wellness, leave, and other programs. Please explore what we have to offer below.
Pay and Recognition
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started