CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. & from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
JOB SUMMARY / PURPOSE
Performs diagnostic and vascular procedures on patients using ultrasound waves to examine tissue and body structures. Obtains patient history, explains routine procedures and addresses patient concerns. Responsible for maintaining patient record and files. Performs all ultrasound techniques and examinations, abdominal scans, retroperitoneal scans, limited obstetric and gynecological scans, and a variety of tests to include, but not limited to, carotid imaging, peripheral plethysmography, doppler wave form, segmental pressure, venous imaging, and thoracic outlet studies.
ESSENTIAL KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served.
2. Performs procedures to ensure quality patient care in accordance with Radiologist’s expectations and protocols.
3. Displays knowledge and complies with the National Patient Safety goals.
4. Supports and reports any identified compliance matters.
5. Participates in hospital and department quality assurance programs to ensure safety and satisfaction.
6. Maintains professional development and education for technical competency.
7. Uses standard precautions, PPE, at all times.
8. Maintains regulatory compliance and licensure for current position.
9. Attends all CHI Saint Joseph Health required educational programs as well as all Learn modules.
10. Contributes to the efficient operation and monitoring of the department and utilizes our resources efficiently.
11. Demonstrates complete working knowledge of equipment within assigned area.
12. Knowledge and performance of the Code of Conduct Standards.
13. Other duties as assigned by manager
- Graduate from a school accredited of Radiologic Technology, OR Graduate of AMA Accredited Sonography Program, OR Graduate of accredited School of Diagnostic Medical Sonography and/or equivalent clinical experience
Required Licensure and Certifications
- Certification by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) in Sonography (S) within in 1 year of employment OR, Certified by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) within one year of employment, OR Registered Vascular Technician within 12 months (For ARDMS/ARRT must pass physics exam within 90 days of hire date
- State of Kentucky License, if applicable
- One specialty area required (i.e. abdomen, vascular, OBGYN)
- BLS within 30 days of employment.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Takes initiative to proactively address issues and seek solutions when opportunities and challenges are presented.
- Ensures quality care by being attentive to detail, addresses potential safety concerns, and follows our Error Prevention Techniques as outlined by CHI Saint Joseph Health.
- Maintains patient confidentiality. * Demonstrates integrity by being open and honest in all communications. Reasoning Ability:
- Is accountable for actions, taking full responsibility for the conduct and results of own work. * Adapts approach to situation and appreciates the difference in other’s perspective.
- Committed to Service Excellence to ensure our patients receive the best patient experience * Works to maintain a positive team relationship with co-workers.
- Previous experienced preferred
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
CommonSpirit Health™ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, parental status, ancestry, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here.
CommonSpirit Health™ will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c). External hires must pass a post-offer, pre-employment background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with an arrest and/or conviction will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, ban the box laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by telephone at (415) 438-5575 and let us know the nature of your request. We will only respond to messages left that involve a request for a reasonable accommodation in the application process. We will accommodate the needs of any qualified candidate who requests a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). CommonSpirit Health™ participates in E-Verify.