CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. & from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
JOB SUMMARY / PURPOSE
The incumbent uses an array of professional (pharmacy and personal (analytical, communication, supervisory, computer) skills to provide leadership in medication-related patient care to achieve: drug use that is safe and effective; pharmaceutical care focused on achieving positive patient outcomes through cost effective drug therapy; pharmaceutical services that advance the cure, amelioration, or prevention of disease; promotion of pharmacy as an essential component of the healthcare team.
ESSENTIAL KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
* Dispenses the correct medication to the correct patient at the appropriate time to provide a superior standard of professional care to all patients of CHI Saint Joseph Health.
* Supervises, continuously, the work activities of all pharmacy support personnel to ensure the provision of coordinated and efficient pharmaceutical services.
* Acts as a pharmaceutical expert and resource person to promote safe, appropriate, and cost effective drug utilization.
* Maintains a proper and adequate inventory of pharmaceutical supplies to ensure optimal patient care.
* Maintains and communicates a comprehensive, up-to-day knowledge of pharmacy and hospital policies and procedures to ensure efficient and integrated departmental function.
* Possesses and maintains the significant professional expertise required to ensure the highest standard of hospital pharmacy practices.
* Monitors and directs all drug usage within the corporation to ensure compliance with Quality Assurance and Improvement standards established by internal and external regulatory bodies.
* Possesses and maintains proficiency on all pharmacy related computer systems to ensure the provision of complete, uninterrupted computer services.
* Complies with all safety regulations and all current state and federal pharmacy laws to ensure the provision of safe, legal, and un-interrupted health care services.
* Safe handling/disposal / packaging for Transport of Pharmaceutical Waste/ Hazardous Materials/Bio- Hazardous Regulated Medical Waste. 1) Completes the Resource Conservation Recovery Act (RCRA) and Hazardous Waste education during employee orientation. 2) Tri –annually education for the D.O.T training. 3) is knowledgeable of the process for identifying the proper waste stream and uses the appropriate container to dispose of waste. 4) Knowledgeable regarding the process to contact the emergency response coordinator for hazardous waste/pharmaceutical release/spill clean-up.
* Other duties as assigned.
Required Education for Staff Job Levels Graduate of Pharmacy School
Required Licensure and Certifications Licensed by the Kentucky Board of Pharmacy
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Minimum 3 years’ experience as a hospital pharmacist required
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs