The posted compensation range of $24.62 - $36.82 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
- Sign on Bonus available (prorated by FTE- min 0.6 FTE required)
Provides care and support to patients under the direction of the physician and/or mid-level provider. Contributes to the planning and delivery of patient focused care.
Essential Job Duties:
- Greet and prepare patients for practitioner. Provide patient mobility assistance, as necessary. Obtain and record vital signs and other appropriate information, such as height, weight, drug allergies, current medications and presenting problem. Screens, communicates and responds to patient needs appropriately.
- Manage patient flow ensuring enough time for patient and family education.
- Assist with diagnostic tests and clinical procedures to appropriate level of training and established procedures to include IV starts and blood draws with appropriate certification. Ensure patient privacy and comfort during the exam; instruct patients in the collection of samples and other tests. Ensure that patient or family understands follow-up and referral information.
- Document procedures and interactions in patient’s medical record.
- Prepare, clean and sterilize instruments and maintain equipment; keep patient exam rooms clean and orderly; dispose of contaminated items according to Franciscan Medical Group Exposure Control Plan; anticipate Practitioner's needs for medications, supplies and equipment and plan accordingly.
- Actively participate in continuing education, meetings, and participates with committees as requested. Participants in professional development activities and maintains professional affiliations.
- Under supervision of the practitioner, inform patients of lab results, call in prescriptions to pharmacies and return practitioners’ phone messages. Respond to patient telephone call using approved protocols, ensuring documentation of phone call meets standards.
- Under supervision of practitioner or nurse supervisor, administer approved medications via oral, subcutaneous, intramuscular or intradermal routes.
Education and Work Experience:
Graduation from an accredited school of practical nursing approved by the Washington State Board of Nursing.
One year LPN work experience in a clinic setting OR two years of acute care LPN work experience preferred.
Current licensure as a Licensed Practical Nurse by the Washington State Board of Nursing.
Current Healthcare Provider BLS Certification.
If assigned to the Float Pool, current driver’s license and ability to drive to assigned location(s).
While you’re busy impacting the healthcare industry, we’ll take care of you with benefits that may include health/dental/vision, FSA, matching retirement plans, paid time off, tuition assistance, adoption assistance, and more!
Unless directed by a Collective Bargaining Agreement, applications for this position will be considered on a rolling basis. CommonSpirit Health cannot anticipate the date by which a successful candidate may be identified.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs