Speech Language Pathologist
The posted compensation range of $27.77 - $40.27 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
Flaget Memorial Hospital is a 52-bed facility located in Bardstown Kentucky. We provide care for patients from Nelson Hardin Marion Washington Spencer Bullitt and LaRue counties. Founded in 1951 by the Sisters of Charity of Nazareth Flaget Memorial Hospital is nationally recognized for orthopedic care surgical care and inpatient satisfaction. We offer a complete array of services including cancer care heart care outpatient rehabilitation skilled nursing weight loss surgery pain management general surgery obstetrics and gynecology maternity care and sports medicine. The cancer center is proud to be able to provide full support and cancer care to patients through its medical and radiation oncology programs. CHI Saint Joseph Health supports 5000 active employees 8 hospitals specialty clinics and a Medical Group with more than 200 locations across Central and Eastern KY. CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health in 2019. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
JOB SUMMARY / PURPOSE
Responsible for the evaluation of and the implementation of treatment for all referred patients. Contributes to the development and the upgrading of treatment programs and protocols. Contributes to the development of departmental and organizational goals and objectives.
ESSENTIAL KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served.
2. Evaluates assigned patients within the guidelines established by the therapist and in compliance with departmental policies and procedures.
3. Implements competent treatment and performs regular reassessments for the purpose of treatment modification, to maximize patient’s potential for functional independence, all in accordance of departmental standards.
4. Completes all required documentation and maintains pertinent records of all assigned patients, in order to be in compliance with Joint Commission, CARF, Medicare, and all other regulatory requirements.
5. Demonstrates the ability to be efficient and productive by organizing job duties and responsibilities.
6. Maintains effective communication regarding Therapy programs and departmental issues.
7. Maintains equipment and environment in a safe and orderly manner.
8. Demonstrates a commitment to professional growth and competency.
9. Other duties as assigned.
Required Education for Staff Job Levels Master’s degree in Speech Pathology from a school accredited by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association. Minimum of 2 years of experience in a rehab or hospital setting.
Required Licensure and Certifications KY Speech Pathology license, BLS
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Excellent verbal and written communication skills and time management skills. Prior student or work experience in a Rehab setting.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs