Certified Medical Assistant II
The posted compensation range of $17.04 - $23.43 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
CHI Saint Joseph Health supports 5000 active employees 8 hospitals specialty clinics and a Medical Group with more than 200 locations across Central and Eastern KY. CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health in 2019. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
****Sign On Bonus up to $3000 for eligible hires****
JOB SUMMARY / PURPOSE
Under the direction of the health care provider, Certified Medical Assistant II is responsible for the delivery of patient care that promotes the safety and wellbeing of all patients. Accurately preforms preliminary physical tests such as: measures blood pressure, records weight, temperature, pulse and respirations and other measures as directed by established clinical protocols.
ESSENTIAL KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Perform general patient care by following established standards and procedures.
2. Greet and prepare patients for the health care provider.
3. Obtain and record vital signs including but not limited to, blood pressure, temperature, pulse, respiration, height, weight, drug allergies, and current medications and presenting problem.
4. May be required to draw and collect blood samples from patients and prepare specimens for laboratory analysis.
5. Administer ordered medications and/or vaccines via oral, injection, topically, rectal, ophthalmic, and/or inhalant administration.
6. May perform routine tests including but not limited to EKG’s.
7. Schedule patients for diagnostic testing and follows up to ensure completion of testing.
8. Communicate with patient regarding test results and plan of care by phone or mail as directed by physician.
9. Prepare, clean and sterilize instruments and maintain equipment; keep patient exam rooms stocked, clean and orderly; dispose of contaminated items according to protocol.
10. Document patient plan(s) of care, tests and examination results in the medical record as directed by the provider.
11. Escalate non-routine issues, questions and/or concerns to the practice manager or healthcare provider(s).
12. Ensure safety checklists/quality controls are completed as required.
13. Provide for patient safety and protection of patient privacy rights.
14. Other duties as assigned by management.
Required Education and Experience
High School Diploma (or GED equivalent) and graduation from an accredited Medical Assistant program. May require specialized training such as Non-Certified Radiologic Technician (NCT).
Required Licensure and Certifications
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Training
While you’re busy impacting the healthcare industry, we’ll take care of you with benefits that may include health/dental/vision, FSA, matching retirement plans, paid time off, tuition assistance, adoption assistance, and more!
Unless directed by a Collective Bargaining Agreement, applications for this position will be considered on a rolling basis. CommonSpirit Health cannot anticipate the date by which a successful candidate may be identified.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs