Speech Language Pathologist
Founded by the Sisters of Mercy, Mercy Hospitals have a history of caring for our community that goes back more than 100 years. We provide a broad range of medical and surgical services including minimally invasive and outpatient options. Our family of services includes the area's only inpatient oncology unit, the Orthopedic, Spine, and Hand Center, Family Birth Center, the Lactation Support Center and retail store, and many others. Mercy Hospital Downtown is a 194-bed facility located in downtown Bakersfield. Mercy Hospital Southwest is a 78-bed facility and the only hospital located in the rapidly growing area west of Highway 99. Mercy Hospital is a member of Dignity Health and is a trusted community partner, serving residents of Bakersfield and Kern County with quality, compassionate care since 1910. Learn more at https://www.dignityhealth.org/central-california/locations/mercy-bakersfield.
Completes the duties of a California licensed Speech-Language Pathologist in compliance with California licensing standards and within the scope of clinical skills required for the patient population being treated and as determined by patient age and diagnosis. Performs the clinical duties of patient evaluation, care planning, treatment intervention, patient/family education, and discharge planning within Speech-Language Pathology clinical practice standards. Reports directly to the Rehabilitation Department Director. Assists in process improvement and other department operations as requested by the department Director.
- BLS (AHA required)
- Current California Speech-Language Pathology license
- Must have CCC-Certificate of Clinical Competence issued by ASHA to work in our acute care setting. Also acceptable to be in the process of working toward obtaining CCCs as a Clinical Fellow
- Barium Swallow Studies
- NDT (Neuro Developmental Treatment) or Neuro-Ifrah training for our Stroke Program. Basic skills of a Speech-Language Pathologist
- Must have the ability to read, write, speak and effectively communicate in English.
- Ability to perform basic to moderate computer functions.
- Basic skills of a Speech-Language Pathologist
- Advanced experience with Computer software programs and clinical documentation in Hospital based practice, Multi-Lingual, Spanish, Tagalog.
- NDT/Neuro Ifrah skills.
- One year of Hospital based, acute care practice preferred.
- Completed post Graduate education and possesses certification or CEU's in Acute care, geriatrics, pediatrics, NICU & neurology or any other clinically relevant coursework/seminars preferred.
- Post graduate con-ed in the area of swallow function and assessment especially for video swallow studies.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs