Respiratory Care Pract. III Southwest Facility
The posted compensation range of $39.66 - $48.83 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
Founded by the Sisters of Mercy Mercy Hospitals have a history of caring for our community that goes back more than 100 years. We provide a broad range of medical and surgical services including minimally invasive and outpatient options. Our family of services includes the areas only inpatient oncology unit the Orthopedic Spine and Hand Center Family Birth Center the Lactation Support Center and retail store and many others. Mercy Hospital Downtown is a 194-bed facility located in downtown Bakersfield. Mercy Hospital Southwest is a 78-bed facility and the only hospital located in the rapidly growing area west of Highway 99. Mercy Hospital is a member of Dignity Health and is a trusted community partner serving residents of Bakersfield and Kern County with quality compassionate care since 1910. Learn more at https://www.dignityhealth.org/central-california/locations/mercy-bakersfield.#bakersfieldRN
Under the direct supervision of the Respiratory Care Coordinator Respiratory Care Supervisor Director or Physician the RCP III must demonstrate in-depth knowledge in all modes of respiratory therapy from perinatal/pediatrics to adult critical care as well as other acute care areas. Must work independently in the intensive care setting and serve as a resource person in terms of clinical expertise for other staff therapists nurses and physicians. The RCP III is fully competent in the use of the most complex treatment techniques and assists in training others and may be required to serve in a lead therapist role for specified hours or shifts.
- Must have sound clinical experience in emergency department adult pediatric neonatal and general respiratory care. Prior experience will be included.
- Must demonstrate good interpersonal and customer service skills along with basic time management skills.
- Advancement will follow the Respiratory Clinical Ladder guidelines.
- Must have one year clinical experience in RCP II position or 5 years respiratory care experience including 3 in critical care.
- Experience in the use of computers.
- Must demonstrate good interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years NICU experience and be able to demonstrate competency in Neonatal intubation with High Frequency Oscillatory Ventilation.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with physicians support staff patients and family members. Must demonstrate good communications skills by the ability to handle conflicts in a professional manner seeking assistance when necessary by using established line of communication for problem solving and conflict resolution while maintaining the self-esteem of others.
- Must have good mental skills and the ability to understand and perform required procedures adapt and improvise known procedures to unusual or non-routine requirements as needed to insure proper diagnosis and treatment in accordance with policy and procedures of the department.
- Must maintain accurate and complete records and reports.
- Must have the ability to read write and speak English.
- Ability to compile statistics process simple math equations and formulas preferred.
- Must possess a valid California RCP License issued by the California Respiratory Care Board.
- Must have current BLS ACLS NRP and PALS.
- Must maintain a current Registered Respiratory Therapist credential through the NBRC.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs