Resp Care Pract- RCP 2
Founded by the Sisters of Mercy, Mercy Hospitals have a history of caring for our community that goes back more than 100 years. We provide a broad range of medical and surgical services including minimally invasive and outpatient options. Our family of services includes the area's only inpatient oncology unit, the Orthopedic, Spine, and Hand Center, Family Birth Center, the Lactation Support Center and retail store, and many others. Mercy Hospital Downtown is a 194-bed facility located in downtown Bakersfield. Mercy Hospital Southwest is a 78-bed facility and the only hospital located in the rapidly growing area west of Highway 99. Mercy Hospital is a member of Dignity Health and is a trusted community partner, serving residents of Bakersfield and Kern County with quality, compassionate care since 1910. Learn more at https://www.dignityhealth.org/central-california/locations/mercy-bakersfield.
- BLS, ACLS, NRP and PALS (AHA required)
- Current California RCP license issued by the California Respiratory Care Board.
- Must demonstrate good interpersonal and customer service skills along with basic time management skills
- Advancement between levels will follow the Respiratory Clinical Ladder guidelines
- Must be able to communicate effectively with physicians, support staff, patients and family members
- Must demonstrate good communications skills by the ability to handle conflicts in a professional manner, seeking assistance when necessary, by using established line of communication for problem solving and conflict resolution while maintaining the self-esteem of others
- Must have good mental skills and the ability to understand and perform required procedures, adapt and improvise known procedures to unusual or non-routine requirements as needed to insure proper diagnosis and treatment in accordance with policy and procedures of the department. Must maintain accurate and complete records and reports
- Must have the ability to read, write and speak English
- All New Hires/transfers after 07/01/2016 must maintain a current Registered Respiratory Therapist credential through the NBRC. Current employees hired prior to 07/01/2016 will be grandfathered in and do not have to be Registered.
- Some experience in the use of computers preferred.
- Advanced practitioner level experience and ability to perform independently in the NICU and Adult ICU's preferred.
- Specialty certifications through the NBRC (NPS, CPFT) preferred.
- Ability to compile statistics, process simple math equations and formulas preferred.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs