Post Acute Care Coordination Program Manager
The posted compensation range of $44.73 - $64.85 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
This position requires travels between faciltiies located in Stockton, Bakersfield, Merced and San Andreas, as necessary.
Job Summary / Purpose
The Program Manager, Post-Acute Care role collaborates to decrease acute Length of Stay (LOS) by assisting in the placement of complex, hard to place patients. This role develops and maintains a Post-Acute Care (PAC) Narrowed Network of high quality collaborative providers. This position will evaluate the gaps in post-acute care options and work to identify providers that may fill these gaps, be they alternative care settings, alternative home settings, or other innovative care delivery mechanisms. The position oversees a mix of clinical, operational, and business activities related to PAC partnerships, working closely with post-acute providers as well as those we partner with to facilitate care for our patients in an array of post-acute settings. The PAC PM works with a multidisciplinary team of Physicians, Nursing, Rehab Services, Acute Care Coordination, Ambulatory Care Coordination, and Community Health staff to ensure a seamless transition of care for our patients. This position requires full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the Mission of CommonSpirit Health and the specific Market(s) it supports. This employee shall support overall strategic plans, goals, and direction of the quality improvement /process improvement activities. It is expected that the employee will demonstrate behaviors and attitudes consistent with CommonSpirit Health core values and HumanKindness philosophies.
Essential Key Job Responsibilities
- LOS Management
- Readmission prevention
- Management and oversight of BPCI-A program as appropriate, including driving and tracking of KPI’s of first PAC setting, readmission rate, and SNF LOS
- Management of Contracts
- Oversight of the Post-Acute Care Narrowed Network (PACNN)
- Review performance, quality, collaboration metrics, and MOU adherence.
- Identify opportunities to improve patient transitions and patient experience
- Identify opportunities to expand service capabilities and facilitate those expansions as needed and appropriate
- Durable Medical Equipment (DME) Escalations
- Transportation Escalations
- Co-lead the Market Care Coordination Cross Continuum Council(s)
- Analysis of data to identify trends and opportunities.
- Assesses, reports, and communicates PAC program status on a periodic basis to all program stakeholders.
- Provide a monthly report to PAC leadership, CC Division leadership, CC Hospital leaders, and local hospital leadership (CNO, CMO, CFO).
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in nursing, social work, or healthcare related field, including minimum five (5) years’ experience providing program management. Additional equivalent work experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in acute care hospital and/or post-acute care.
- Master’s Degree preferred
- Three (3) years’ experience in Care Coordination
- RN license, Licensed Social Worker, or License in other health related field.
- Experience/knowledge of moving patients throughout the continuum of care; current clinical knowledge and experience, particularly with the senior population
- Experience with performance measurement, outcome analysis, monitoring tools; computer skills
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs