IT Software Eng Sr Systems Administrator
The posted compensation range of $38.81 - $56.28 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
The System Administrator job family has responsibility for infrastructure/technical planning, implementation and support activities for systems owned by the CommonSpirit Health Business Services team. Specific responsibilities include installing new software releases and system upgrades, deploying custom code and environment changes, and evaluating and installing patches. Responsibilities also include operational support activities such as resolving software and hardware related problems, managing backup and recovery activity, administering application “middleware” and technology layers, managing monitoring and alerting functions, performing capacity planning and conducting version management. System Administrators work closely with developers, infrastructure support, database administrators and application support teams to ensure seamless and quality IT support for CommonSpirit customers and alignment with CommonSpirit’s IT standards, controls and governance.
To be successful, individuals must possess a combination of technical, business and leadership skills. This requires an understanding of customers’ business needs, processes, and functions. They also require a solid knowledge of IT infrastructure, architecture, applications development and support, networks, and computer operations. In addition, individuals working in this job family must possess excellent communication skills and the ability to influence others.
- Provides evaluation and implementation services for new products, technologies and solutions to address corporate business requirements.
- Works beyond the routine utilizing specialized knowledge and analysis of multiple variables.
- Has a comprehensive understanding and skillsets for supported platforms/products and environments.
- Effort and activities are divided between maintenance and support of existing environments, and implementation tasks.
- Project assignments can be large in scope but are typically of medium complexity.
- Provide exceptional customer service to CommonSpirit end users, Business Stakeholders and other members of CommonSpirit ITD
- Perform daily production support activities
- Participate in team on-call rotations.
- Perform patching and code deployments across all environments
- Participate in projects associated to the enhancement, upgrade/patching, or implementation of new or existing software solutions.
- Coordinate implementation and support efforts between Technology Infrastructure and other CommonSpirit ITD teams.
- Provide oversight and facilitation of the Dignity IT change management process as it applies to the System Administration team.
- Perform source code/versioning management function adhering to technical management guidelines
- Provide ownership of technical issues within the System Administration group
- Assist with strategic planning activities (capacity planning, process improvement, maintenance, upgrade and end-of-life planning, roadmap development)
- Conduct performance tuning and troubleshooting
- Build new test and production environments on existing or new hardware as required.
- Assist with the design and implementation of a comprehensive monitoring and alerting process across all Technology Infrastructure platforms
- Identify automation opportunities and implement scripted solutions
- Assist with the implementation of a comprehensive and ongoing release management and planning effort
- Utilize standard tools and methodology to develop system and support performance metrics
- Perform technical mentoring and cross training with other team members
- Demonstrate a basic knowledge & expertise with CommonSpirit business processes and routines
The job summary and responsibilities listed above are designed to indicate the general nature of the work performed within this job. They are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all job responsibilities required of employees assigned to this job. Employees may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
- 100% onsite position
- 7 + years supporting Radiology or Cardiology PACS
- Participate in the planning, development, implementation, maintenance and evaluation of RIS, interfaces, PACS, post processing, and Voice Recognition systems.
- Implements process changes, collects data, and makes recommendations to expedite workflow. Monitors systems, interfaces, and integration pieces to include daily QC reports. Maintains an up-to-date understanding and working knowledge of the processes involved.
- Provide user support of Medical Imaging systems including but not limited to training and education. Assist in evaluation and development of training and in-service Medical Imaging programs.
- Responds appropriately to requests and concerns from users or others affected by the systems. Keeps all imaging staff informed on system updates and changes. Informs all Medical Imaging Leadership of changes, problems, and upgrades to RIS, interfaces, PACS, post processing, and Voice Recognition systems.
- Maintain membership on, or consultation to, committees, work groups, or task forces as needed to communicate and facilitate the ongoing progress of the development, implementation, and revision of all Medical Imaging systems.
- Covers call and meets all SLAs. Must live within one hour of one of the facilities that employee supports.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs