Director Environmental Services
The posted compensation range of $40.66 - $58.96 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
Founded by the Sisters of Mercy Mercy Hospitals have a history of caring for our community that goes back more than 100 years. We provide a broad range of medical and surgical services including minimally invasive and outpatient options. Our family of services includes the areas only inpatient oncology unit the Orthopedic Spine and Hand Center Family Birth Center the Lactation Support Center and retail store and many others. Mercy Hospital Downtown is a 194-bed facility located in downtown Bakersfield. Mercy Hospital Southwest is a 78-bed facility and the only hospital located in the rapidly growing area west of Highway 99. Mercy Hospital is a member of Dignity Health and is a trusted community partner serving residents of Bakersfield and Kern County with quality compassionate care since 1910. Learn more at https://www.dignityhealth.org/central-california/locations/mercy-bakersfield.
If you are committed to social justice, health equity, and prepared to deliver care in new, innovative ways, you belong with us.
We offer the following benefits to support you and your family:
- Annual Incentive (Bonus) Program.
- Matching Retirement Program.
- Pension fully funded by the Hospital.
- Tuition Assistance for career growth and development.
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance.
- Free Membership to our Care@Work program supporting child care, pet care, and adult dependent needs.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family.
- Flexible spending accounts.
- Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and Identity Theft.
- Wellness Program.
- Paid Time Off (PTO).
- Maintains adequate staffing for daily needs reflecting cost efficiency. Assigns staff and workload, respecting changing priorities in daily operations. Recruits, hires and releases staff. Prepares the budget and assists in the development of short -term and long-term financial and operational plans for the department.
- Maintains communication with patient, staff, and customers regarding the level of services they receive from Environmental Services staff. Maintains continuous improvement in patient satisfaction Conducts rounding with patients and staff. Maintain log of of patient and staff feedback is considered in continuous improvement.
- Surveys regularly all departmental procedures for adherence to sanitation, infection control, regulatory compliance, safety and patient confidentiality standards. Provides an ongoing effective in-service program for all employees of the Environmental Service Department
- Assists with reviewing and maintaining all vendors contracts, monitors the contracts in use and effectively utilities vendors to achieve the best possible cost.
- Bachelor's degree or a combination of education and/or additional job related experience.
- Minimum of three (3) years experience in related field, with at least two (2) years leadership experience.
While you’re busy impacting the healthcare industry, we’ll take care of you with benefits that may include health/dental/vision, FSA, matching retirement plans, paid time off, tuition assistance, adoption assistance, and more!
Unless directed by a Collective Bargaining Agreement, applications for this position will be considered on a rolling basis. CommonSpirit Health cannot anticipate the date by which a successful candidate may be identified.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs