Supervisor Outpatient Pharmacy
MercyOne Central Iowa operates four not-for-profit Catholic medical centers in Des Moines West Des Moines Newton and Centerville and two specialty hospitals – MercyOne Children’s Hospital in Des Moines and MercyOne Rehabilitation Hospital in Clive (965 beds total) – along with more than 20 additional facilities that house more than 50 primary care pediatric internal medicine and specialty clinics. Founded by the Sisters of Mercy in 1893 MercyOne Central Iowa has the longest continually operating hospital in Des Moines and is also one of the largest employers in the state with more than 7000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1000 physicians and allied health associates. MercyOne Central Iowa is a member of MercyOne which was founded in 1998 through a collaboration between CommonSpirit Health and Trinity Health – two of the country’s foremost not-for-profit Catholic health organizations. MercyOne has more than 20000 colleagues in Iowa and surrounding states.
- Assure adequate staffing to maintain outpatient pharmacy services during scheduled open hours.
- Advise the pharmacy manager of hiring needs.
- Assure accurate dispensing of all prescriptions submitted to the outpatient pharmacy.
- Maintain accurate records of purchases, disbursements, and inventories of controlled substances.
- Oversee purchase of required drugs and supplies.
- Assure regular and timely billing of third party payers, payroll deduction, and individual accounts.
- Monitor overall financial status of the outpatient pharmacy.
- Resolve day to day problems and inform pharmacy manager of perpetual or unresolved problems.
- Coordinate with other departments as necessary.
- Develop policies and procedures as necessary.
- Communicate and implement new and revised corporate and departmental policies and procedures.
- Supervise and monitor employee performance and compliance with corporate and departmental policies and procedures, conduct performance appraisals, and counsel and discipline employees as needed.
- Function as a staff pharmacist in providing pharmaceutical care.
- Obtain medication history from patients.
- Understand and provide OBRA required patient counseling.
- Assume responsibility for technician activities.
- Pharmacy degree (BS or Pharm.D.) from an ACPE approved college of pharmacy.
- Licensed, or eligible for licensure, pharmacist in Iowa.
- Previous retail experience desirable.
- Proof of completion of Mandatory Reporter abuse training for child and dependent adult abuse within three (3) months of hire.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs