Certified Pharmacy Tech
MercyOne Central Iowa operates four not-for-profit Catholic medical centers in Des Moines West Des Moines Newton and Centerville and two specialty hospitals – MercyOne Children’s Hospital in Des Moines and MercyOne Rehabilitation Hospital in Clive (965 beds total) – along with more than 20 additional facilities that house more than 50 primary care pediatric internal medicine and specialty clinics. Founded by the Sisters of Mercy in 1893 MercyOne Central Iowa has the longest continually operating hospital in Des Moines and is also one of the largest employers in the state with more than 7000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1000 physicians and allied health associates. MercyOne Central Iowa is a member of MercyOne which was founded in 1998 through a collaboration between CommonSpirit Health and Trinity Health – two of the country’s foremost not-for-profit Catholic health organizations. MercyOne has more than 20000 colleagues in Iowa and surrounding states.
**Position is eligible for $5,000 Sign on Bonus**
- Prepares patient drug orders as follows (with proper checks performed by a pharmacist as required by law): enters patient prescription orders into the computer; selects correct medication, strength and dosage form; prepares labels; selects and affixes auxiliary labels to medications as appropriate and legally required; counts, measures, weighs & pours medications; documents doses dispensed; files medication orders.
- Cleans counters, medication drawers, carts, shelves, and equipment as needed.
- Assists the pharmacists with audits (e.g. allergy, weight, etc.).
- Performs a variety of medication inventory-related tasks including: communication of stock utilization and ordering needs; assisting with reordering; checking of expiration dating with alerts to pharmacists when needed; and rotating and restocking.
- Compounds and labels extemporaneous liquid and solid products for patients according to procedure.
- Answers telephone and process requests according to procedures.
- Participates in the training of new technicians.
- Charges and credits individual patient accounts.
- Accurately and efficiently waits on patients at the POS register and handles sale transactions.
- High school diploma or GED
- Pharmacy Technician Certification Program required.
- Registered or eligible to register as pharmacy technician with the State Board of Pharmacy Examiners within 30 days of hire.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs