The posted compensation range of $38.64 - $56.03 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
Founded in 1887 Dignity Health - California Hospital Medical Center is a 318-bed acute care nonprofit hospital located in downtown Los Angeles. The hospital offers a full complement of services including a Level II trauma center the Los Angeles Center for Womens Health obstetrics and pediatric services and comprehensive cardiac and surgical services. The hospital shares a legacy of humankindness with Dignity Health one of the nations five largest health care systems. Visit https://www.dignityhealth.org/socal/locations/californiahospital for more information.
We offer the following benefits to support you and your family:
- Annual Incentive (Bonus) Program.
- Matching Retirement Programs.
- Pension fully funded by the Hospital.
- Tuition Assistance for career growth and development.
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance.
- Free Membership to our Care@Work program supporting child care, pet care, and adult dependent needs.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family.
- Flexible spending accounts.
- Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and Identity Theft.
- Wellness Program.
- Paid Time Off (PTO).
This position assumes responsibility for coordination of all policy and advocacy activities for the LA Best Babies Network, including those related to the expansion of Perinatal and Early Childhood Home Visitation. This individual works directly with the Executive Director, Director of Programs, and Network staff to ensure that policy and advocacy activities described in the Scope of Works of all contracts are completed appropriately.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- This individual will be responsible for writing position papers on selected policy issues that require completion of literature searches, interviews, and data analysis.
- This individual will represent the Network at community and professional meetings that are policy focused.
- The Director of Policy will oversee all activities related to development and dissemination of information on selected policy and advocacy topics to increase public awareness, as well as oversee the technical assistance related to policy and advocacy strategies and methods provided through the Network.
- This individual will develop and implement outreach activities to communicate the policy agenda to community stakeholders.
- The Director of Policy as a part of the management team will participate and assist in the organizational strategic planning processes and ensure that the Network activities are well integrated.
Education and Experience:
- Master's degree in Public Health, Health Policy, Political Science, Public Policy or other relevant discipline.
- At least three years experience as a policy analyst researching and analyzing complex issues and developing recommendations on possible solutions or amendments and subsequent recommendations for policy actions.
- At least two years of experience working in the Maternal and Child Health field in Los Angeles County.
- At least three years of experience supervising staff.
- Highly-developed writing skills required, including the ability to publish journal articles, write public testimony, conference papers, reports, issue briefs, and public comments.
- Some experience communicating policy recommendations in public settings such as hearings, committees, conferences, etc., and ability to clearly communicate complex policy information to a variety of audiences.
- Demonstrated political acuity.
- Strong skills and ability in following and analyzing local, state and federal policies and their impact on the field.
- A valid California drivers license and proof of full coverage auto insurance and/or the ability to travel within the county using various routes of public transportation.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs