See where a career in humankindness
can take you with our
2023 Nursing Internship Program
About the Program:
- Internships are available at 5 Omaha metro hospital campuses, 2 Lincoln area campuses, 1 Grand Island, and 1 Kearney.
- 8 weeks to complete 270 hours
- Work up to 36 hours per week alongside a designated preceptor
- Earn a rate of $19/hour
- At the end of the program, Interns will have the opportunity to stay on as a CHI Health employee in a PRN Student Nurse Tech position without having to go through the application/interview process again.
- CHI Health will cover the cost of tuition*. (additional fees may apply - check with your school to clarify your financial responsibility)
- Interns will receive 1 college credit from Creighton University or 3 credit hours from UNMC (Grand Island and Kearney programs)
- Students with graduation dates between December 2023 and spring/summer 2024 with exposure to clinical rotations by the start of the internship.
- BLS Certification from the American Heart Association
- Current listing on the Nurse Aide Registry of the state in which you work upon hire.
- Minimum cumulative of 3.0 GPA
- Current CHI Health Employees are encouraged to apply
- Students must be able to work the hours of the assigned preceptor, which could include day, night, or weekend shifts.
- Students just need to submit 1 application to be considered for all locations.
Monday, December 19th, 2022 - Tuesday, January 31st, 2023
May 15, 2023 - July 8, 2023
Would you like to be notified when the application window opens?
Sign up below:
For questions, please contact:
Megan Lowery, Division Manager Clinical Education
402-398-5687 office / email@example.com
Chelsea Ehlers DNP, RN, Clinical Practice Coordinator
402-717-1039 office / Chelsea.Ehlers@commonspirit.org